'America's Got Talent': The Top 4 are ...

Android

Prime VIP
Staff member
It's time to find out the Top 4 finalists on "America's Got Talent." Before we get started, I'd like to clear something up.

So last night in my recap I was pretty dazzled by Landon Swank. Upon reading the comments, which I always do because I like to hear what you guys have to say too, I realized that he totally boffed the trick! He was suppose to release the fish into the tank! And I was so dazzled by the hand-the-glass portion of the trick plus suckered by his "that's the first time it's worked" bit that I totally didn't even realize it!

Now - I don't think he's a terrible magician who should not advance. I still think he's good and I will not be mad if he does advance. I feel pretty silly that I got so duped, but as someone who did plays and sang in groups her whole life, I do appreciate that when something went wrong, he acted like that was totally what was supposed to happen. That's exactly what you should do and he had me believing him.

I'm pretty surprised none of the judges called him on it, though. I thought Piers was quicker than that. Also, I'm with Sharon - what happened to the fish? I hope it did not die, I think that's pretty lousy. Anyway, I just wanted to get that out there.

Oh but then! Howie and Nick (obviously via NBC's nudging because NBC people read the online comments too) reveal that the trick did work! And the fish is alive! Oh, that makes me happy. I thought about just erasing the preceding three paragraphs, but I decided just to leave them up.

Anyway. The first group is Smage Bros. and Team iLuminate. Do I even need to tell you who advances?

Next group is Miami All Stars and Lys Agnes. Hmm. Honestly, I think this could be the group where no one is through. And then it is. Man, I should take this prognosticator act on the road. Yeah, that's a damn shame about Lys, but she blew it last night. Vegas has enough Cher impersonators already. If she had stuck to what works for her, she would be Top 4, I'm sure of it.

The third group is POPLYFE and Landon Swank. I'd have to say Landon goes through, but maybe not if everybody was worried he was a killer of fish. Nick informs us there was less than 1% difference in their totals, so we know they were 4th and 5th. And then POPLYFE advances. That's great for them, but I'm bummed about Landon. I really wanted to see what he was going to do for his finals trick.

I have to wonder if they had cleared up the fish thing before the voting - would he have gotten through? If he and POPLYFE were so close in the voting, I think maybe.

Now we have Il Divo, doing an Italian version of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game." It's about 1/10th as sexy as the original, even being sung by swarthy Italian men in tuxedos and in Italian (the language). The original is just super sexy. Also, one of them looks like Kevin Bacon.

The fourth group is Silhouettes and West Springfield. Well, drats for Landau or Anna. I really wasn't that in love with Silhouettes last night. Anyway, I think they are a shoo-in at this point, though.

They cut back to Anna and Landau in the green room and it's like the camera person told them to both look sadly at the carpet and they're both just waiting to glance back up at the cameraman and go, "Was that good? Was that sad enough?"

We come back and it's results time. I honestly don't know which one will make it, but I'm rooting for Landau. I think he's more consistent throughout his performances and I think he's more appropriate as a winner for "AGT."

And then he's through, which is great. Anna cries, but is so gracious. What a wonderful little girl.

So it's Silhouettes, Team iLuminate, Landau and POPLYFE. I predict the final two are Silhouettes and Team iLuminate.