Age no bar for Sonakshi Sinha

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1602226653.jpg
Sonakshi Sinha, who will be playing veteran actor Kamal Haasan's wife in Tamil-Telugu director Selvaraghavan's film, says once an actor is in front of the camera, age should not matter.

"Yes, I'm playing Kamal Haasan's wife in Selvaraghavan's film. Why should that be a problem?" asked the confident newcomer, who is just 23.

"Once you are in front of the camera, your age should not matter. I never felt like a child while working with Salman Khan [aged 45] in Dabangg and now with Akshay Kumar in Joker. I will be respectful but an equal on the sets with Mr Kamal Haasan [aged 56]," she added.

"In real life, age makes no difference in a marriage. On screen too your biological age is of no consequence. I've been acknowledged for being different from my female colleagues. Let me enjoy this difference."

To prepare for her mature role, Sinha has requested the entire crew of Shirish Kunder's Joker to stop treating her like a child.

"I'm not letting them treat me with kid's gloves. I've made it very clear that Akshay, Shirish, Farah Khan, Shreyas Talpade, Sanjay Mishra and the entire team are my friends. It's the only way to work," she said.

Sinha will also be watching Haasan's film Hey Ram to see the onscreen chemistry between the legendary actor and his much younger co-star Vasundhara Das.

"But I'm not supposed to be the least ill-matched with him. It's a film that pushes the envelope. I want to do roles that take me ahead as an actor. I am not here to do routine stuff," she said.

[/img][/COLOR]