Sardar Jokes ! Why Not ?

Mandeep Kaur Guraya

MAIN JATTI PUNJAB DI ..
There are jokes for all cultures, races , groups and people.

Dillon ji pahlaan mainu eh dasso hor kis kis culture, races, groups, etc. te tusi jyada jokes sune ne... main jado di Punjab to bahar nikli han... ya tan main oh jokes sune ne jo general ne... means kise particular group ya ppl nu belong nahi karde... ya fir Sardaaraan te... je kujh sirf ik gag waste hon tan its ok... but I have seen many a jokes jo sidha humilate karan layee hunde ne... so I dont agree with you... Mainu nahi pasand ki koi mere dharam ya community bare koi joke kahe.. if its a normal one then its ok :)

I have a question.

why is it then ok to make fun of a "visible" minority group such as sikhs and "not" ok when sikhs make fun of other religions????

In both cases a community is targetted and made fun of. This according to me is profiling and propogating stereotypes.

Pichey jahey meri ik member naal bains hoi c.....ohney sardar joke post kita meh hindu joke tey pic post kiti.....

pata ni ki soch key meri post remove ho gai......ohdi post sirf lock hoi.

Jeh joke post karney a...tah fir whats the difference between religion and an identity associated with it?

If you still dint get my point.....i was trying say our identity is associated with our religion. When someone makes a joke on that, sikhs feel he is indirectly trying to target and undermine their religion and identity. The sole purpose of some people(no pointing fingers at any1) is to do that when making these kind of jokes. On top they propogate stereotypes about our community which dont help anyone in any way.

In simple words: we dont like jokes on our identity for the same reason hindu's(or any other community for that matter) dont like jokes on their religion.

PEACE :)

chardi kala vich rhiye

HaRdCoRe BiOtEcHnOlOgIsT
bilkul sahi gall kiti dhillon sahb........

Mainu lagda...jo v apa publicly demonstrate krde aa....oh apni

community ya religion ya apni soch nu represent krda....k apa keho

jehe aa...

Maadi soch wale jokes kise v community te daag laun waala kamm

karde..

...Apa lok jehde light jokes karde sardara te.............ohna karke v

sardar famous hoye ne duniya ch apne hassmukh, jinda dil subhah

lyi...

.....so sab kuj soch te depend karda....chahe oh koi v religion

aa.......

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Most religions and communities are OK with such jokes.
jatt bhi bada enjoy karde ;)

main chota hunda bankelal comics pad da hunda si, devi devteya nu bhi ni baksheya hunda si :p

umang26

like a star!
It's probably not my place to comment here but I'd like to highlight this when it comes to insult and humiliation and making fun of a religion.

Go to Google, type funny Jesus pictures or Jesus jokes. Now click on whatever link you see or go to the images section for that matter. You will see for yourself that here people are not insulting christian people, but they are insulting Jesus and I think that's the worst thing a person can do.

Like someone said, that why does it have to be a minority such as the Sikh Community. Then they may even want to see what's been going and how badly such a huge majority is being insulted all over the internet such as the Christian group.

P-_-u-_-n-_-j-_-a-_-b

yaar sahi gal aaa apni apni soch aa..hor koi panga nhi hega baki mahol dekh ke joke sunone chayde ne...kuj joke kese nu hurt v kar jande aa..

chalo baki tusi sare jaada wadde te seyane aa tuhanu jada pata :)

Mandeep Kaur Guraya

MAIN JATTI PUNJAB DI ..
Mere khayal ch tan jokes kise v dharam baare nahi hone chahide... general jokes ine jyada ne.. je koi enjoy karna chahunda hai tan ohna nu pad-sun ke v tan kar sakda hai... but lok apni gandi soch da vikhava karn ton pichhe nahi hatde :(
Baaki rahi gall light jokes di tan.. I dont agree b'coz I have seen whenever there is any joke session ppl start with light jokes but ends with humilating other community :(

Like someone said, that why does it have to be a minority such as the Sikh Community. Then they may even want to see what's been going and how badly such a huge majority is being insulted all over the internet such as the Christian group.

Thought I'd clear what i put forth....

My post was hinting at how people use jokes to insult other communities....mask their intentions or hatred as just an attempt to gain a laugh.

And where do we draw the line if its ok to make jokes?.... and who decides what is acceptable or whats not acceptable?

because what is offensive to me maynot be offensive to you and vice versa.

Wont it be easier to just ban jokes on communities and religions or we are 2 sad that we need to insult others to gain a laugh at their expense??? :w

All i was saying is either allow every kind of jokes or dont allow any. because its funny to me when some1 goes like sardars need to lighten up and when u see a sardar makin a joke about a "monkey".....some people go like you hurt my religious sentiments or you are just racist. :rolleyes:

Well food for thought: Our identity is associated with our religion 2 and if you are going to make a joke about it then be prepared for things that come your way... :) .....

and as an example....lets say 4 people from different religions are having a conversation in a party....they work at a company together and the first person does not like the second person......So to humiliate the second person he makes a degrading joke about his religion......and the other 2 not knowing about his religion laugh their head off.......Now how would you feel if a person found a way to insult you because of something that is dear to you......???? How would you feel if a person is allowed to make a joke about something dear to you and mask it as an attempt to gain a laugh??? and you were left to explain to other people about yourself??

and if that is ok then....why is it not ok when some1 makes a joke about your wife???

P.S - We will always have a problem when people would make jokes on others because of different things being offensive to different people. Maybe for a change you can start by making a joke on yourself first so that people know you just want to have a laugh. :p :pop

^^^and i can bet... not a lot of people would do that and this is where the problem with jokes on sardar lies...:)....

and if you ever notice highly succesful comedians or humourists can and do make fun of themselves 2......and not pump out jokes solely about others. Moreover, they do take stuff out if it seriously offends any1.

PEACE :)