Sikhism - A Universal Religion, A Religion For Whole Mankind

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
SIKHISM - A UNIVERSAL RELIGION, A RELIGION FOR WHOLE MANKIND

It is a Universal Religion, a Religion for whole Mankind.

<CENTER></CENTER>

::A:: It prays to Almighty, the only ONE God. The all prevailing, the Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient, the Truth -that can be given any name - the name by which one can perceive God - as willed by various people of different groups of the world as per their languages, cultures, places, weathers, environments, etc. He is all pervasive, in creations and creatures, in all the mass and matter, in space, in water, in land and on land and in the air. He is, in essence, in each particle and atom. He is thus immaculate, Immanent, Transcendental. In Sikhism - God is remembered as WAHEGURU, meaning Wonderful God. Allah-hu-Akbar, Hyeraan-kun-Khuda, Vismaad-Hari, Aascheriya-Brahma, Wonderful God are all the synonymous terms in different languages and religions.

::B:: All humans can pray together sitting at one place.

::C:: All can take bath in one pond, reservoir or a common bathing place.

::D:: All can eat together sitting at one place.

This is to preach all, Oneness of God, Universal brotherhood, no egoistic approach and distinction in between high and low, big and small, rich and poor, black and white, man and woman, religion, country, place or any other such criteria whatsoever.

Guru Nanak propagated the institution of marriage. Marriage is the way of fulfilling the Will of God to keep running his creation in humans. It is a sacred duty to bring up the children. People who live in a family, live in a most balanced way of life. He criticized the celibates, who hated women and the family way of life but went and begged the housewives to fulfill their hunger. Running away from the world is a weakness. Living in a family, doing good to all, always praising God and thus realising God is the way and purpose of life. One who fails to see God, everywhere', can never see Him, 'anywhere'.

About women who wrote:

"From woman is our birth, in the woman's womb are we conceived. To the woman we are engaged, To the woman we are wedded. The woman is our friend, from the woman is the family, yea, through the woman are our bonds with the world, Why call woman evil who gives birth to the kings and all? From the woman is the woman, without the woman there is none, save the one God alone" - Guru Nanak (Guru Granth Sahib - Page 473)

Guru Nanak had two companions - one Muslim by name Mardaana, the other Hindu by name Bala. He addressed them as Bhaees means brothers - Bhai Mardaana and Bhai Balaa.

He said " God is our Father and we are his Children."

:pbbol :pbbol :pbbol :pbbol :pbbol

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
PERCEPTION OF GOD

I . God is One, All Prevailing, Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient.

II. He is Truth, His name is True.

III. He is the Creator.

IV. He is immaculate, acts on His Own, depends upon no body and takes advice of no body.

V. He is fearless, knows no fear.

VI. He has no enmity, hates no body.

VII. He is Imminent, not time bound, His is Transcendental not destructible.

VIII. He does not take birth, does not come in the world in any One Form.

IX. Whole Universe is His manifestation.

X. He is His Own Self, Own Created, Self Evolved.

XI. He can be realized only through a blessed soul, a True Guru.

Ramta

- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

You seem to be a die hard Sikh and I am sure you will satisfy my curiousity
regarding some aspects of the Sikh faith.

I hope you will provide some answers for me. Thank you in advance.

How did the world come to be? Does Sikhism have a creation story?
Will the world end? When? Any signs?
Sikhism began as a religion about 500 yrs ago,why then? Is Sikhism the only route to salvation?
Or are all religions equally vaild, if so, does this count even when the teachings of another religion contradict Sikhism?
If not, then is Sikhism the only path? If so, what happens to people who existed and died before Sikhism?

Is there an urgent need to be a Sikh? If we are not, are we damned?

Thank you again... I awaite.

- -
- -

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

Sikhism began as a religion about 500 yrs ago,why then? Is Sikhism the only route to salvation?
Or are all religions equally vaild, if so, does this count even when the teachings of another religion contradict Sikhism?
If not, then is Sikhism the only path? If so, what happens to people who existed and died before Sikhism?

- -
- -
thnxx for your response dear, i'm apninder, a 22 year old girl, i m really no one, i m still learning things, but i will try to answer some of your question to the best of my knowlage,

answer to your above question, would be an opinion of an individual,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

Sikhism follows three hundred year cycles, the most recent of which finished in 1999. In 1699 – a time of terrible persecution of the Sikhs – the coming cycle was named the ‘Cycle of the Sword’. The three centuries following this were indeed dominated by long periods of armed struggle.

In 1999 the name of the next cycle, due to end in 2299, was chosen by the Sikh leaders. It is the Cycle of Creation, and the giving of this title has already led to a dramatic increase in environmental practices by Sikh temples.

Inner truth<O:p
Sikhs teach that humans create their surroundings as a reflection of their inner state, and hence the increasing barrenness of the earth reflects a spiritual emptiness within humans. The solution according to Sikhism can be found in prayer and the spirit of humility before the divine will of God.
<O:p
Sanctity of nature<O:p
Sikhs cultivate an awareness and respect for the dignity of all life, human or otherwise. Such respect is fostered where one first recognises and nurtures the divine inner spark within oneself, then sees it and cherishes it in others.

The history of the Gurus is full of stories of their love for animals, birds, trees, vegetation, rivers, mountains and sky. Many Sikhs, though not all, also have a strong tradition of being vegetarian. A simple life free from conspicuous waste is the Sikh ideal – a life that stresses mastery over the self rather than mastery over nature.
Equality and service
<O:pSikhism places a strong emphasis on equality and service. This encourages a spirit of co-operation and an equal sharing of resources. For example, the langar, or community kitchen, is maintained by the voluntary services of the community and the donation of foodstuffs by the farmers.

</ST1:plin punjab, where many Sikhs are farmers, water is seen as a source of life, bringing food for humans and animals. The element of water is therefore a primary link in the interdependence of humanity and nature, to be used is in a sustainable and fair way. In particular access to clean water is a focus for the community and the Gurdwara is often sited beside a water tank or a river.

Women’s rights<O:p
A strong Sikh tradition is the equality of men and women. Special attention is paid to education in Sikh communities and to making it available to all both men and women.<O:p

- -

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

Today the people are caught between the confusion within religion itself and the forces assaulting long-established religions. Countless honest hearts are perplexed. Which way shall they turn? Why cannot they draw comfort, hope and assurance any more from traditional religion? Is there any true religion, and will it wins out? Or will the world end b4 they find out

- -No-one knows the day or the hour,, said the Lord. That seems to indicate that we should not be surprised that the one time we could have been sure that Christ would not come was in the year 2000. There were too many people expecting it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as for the signs, i do not know of any yet, if guru granth sahib ji mentions them, i m not yet knowlageable,,,but plzzzz feel free to guide me if you can,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

- -
- -
i was brought up believing in sikhism, nothing will change me, not even death, my answer to the above question is yes,, for me it is the only route

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

A common perception in society today is that "there is no truth". In other words, all views are relative and equally valid. Taking this approach, the view that there is no God is just as valid as the view that there is a God.
However, once we start to ask hard questions we discover that this argument is not as valid as it seems at first sight. For example, the statement that "there is no universal truth" is itself a universal statement. This amounts to accepting the truth of universal statements at one moment, only to deny it in the next! Consider also this question:” Is the view that the earth rotates around the sun as equally valid as the view that the sun rotates around the earth? Both views are held, even today, since some primitive cultures which have not been exposed to Western science hold the alternative view. To state that both of these views are equally valid implies that science is a waste of time.
Consider this other question. Was Hitler right in his belief that Jews, Gypsies and Homosexuals should be destroyed in gas chambers? If you concede he was not right, then it must therefore be concluded that all views are not equally valid. This discussion leads on to another question -do all spiritual paths lead to God?

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

Thank you again... I awaite.- -
- -
i think, me saying sikhism is the only route for me to salvation, othe people who lived and died b4 sikhism began, i m sure they had their own beliefs, for me , it is your belief that will lead you forward,

example; DHARMENDRA DEOL indian actor, changed his name to mohammad khan, just because he wanted to marry a 2nd woman whiles first wife prakash kaur sill his wife,,,, a sikh jatt,, it took him no time to change his religion and name so he could marry HEMA MALINI,
so easy for him,,, then why was it so hard for guru teg bahadur ji, and guru gobind rai(at the time) not to want to change from rai to some khan or ali,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i m not comparing dharmendra to any guru ji, but still ,,,,,,,,,,

the difference was BELIEFS

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

- -I KNOW what you mean when you say SIKH, amritdhaari,

but i m 22 year old born and bread in england, and yet i rejected 4 very good looking boys,all monne, because i will only marry a sikh,,,pagg wale
enter DALVIR MAAN,, not an amritdhaari, but a sikh,,pagg bannde aa,,, no meat , sharaav at all

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

Is someone who doesn't believe in God and lives their life never hurting other people better or worse than a Christian who commits a serious crime against another but asks for forgiveness?

The problem comes when you see Heaven as a reward.

Most people think of Heaven as a reward for being good. If you are nice to others down here, you get to enjoy the nice stuff when you die. Christians often talk as if Heaven is a reward for having this thing called "faith". It's not a helpful approach. Heaven is not a reward: it is a place. More specifically, it is the place where God is. The basic principle is that you get what you want: if you want to be with God, you get to be with God. If not, you also get what you want: to be in a place without God.

If you do what God wants - if you love people, treat them with dignity and respect, listen to them and respond to them in appropriate ways - then you will be rewarded. It's not entirely clear if the reward is anything more than the benefits you get from growing as a human being by acting in this sort of way, but who cares?

On the other hand, if you don't care for other people, you don't get the reward. If you live a bad life, and right at the end you decide you want to be with God after all, then yes: you get to Heaven, as you wish. But you end up there empty-handed, you had a life, and you wasted it. I's not about whether you 'believe in God'. Belief isn't something you have or don't have: it is always something you have a bit of, about something in particular. You don't believe in that sort of God.

no, we are not damned, there are other beliefs, as i said earlier,,,, i was brought up believing in sikhism,, most others are not, they have their own beliefs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i rest my case,,,,,,,plzzzzz guide me,, as i m still a learner,,,,,,

na mein sohni, na guun palleh,,,,
je mein vekhaan apne amlaan walleh,,,,
ta ta kish nahi mere palleh,
je mein vekhaan, mere guru di rehmat,,,,
ta fir, balle, balle, balle, balle, balle,,,,,,

kind regards

apninder badwal

Ramta

- -
- -

What if Sikhi didn't place emphasis on equality and service?
Would you stop believing in equality?

Sikhs cultivate an awareness and respect for the dignity of life...
Buddhist do it. And they do it without the Ten Guru's.

Womens right's ??
I think the communists are doing better. The don't even believe in God
leave aside Guru's but never kill female feotuses...

And
How do you judge a Guru ?
I do it by looking at his chela's.

What do you think?

Thanks

- -
- -

- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

- -
- -
BS.....sikhs believe that God created the whole universe.....earth while being in the universe is a creation of God and all the life on earth is a creation of God. It does not matter to a sikh whether earth was created in seven days or it evolved in 4 billion years.. If the earth was created then God created the earth and if the earth was evolved then God created the evolution of the earth...iIn addition SGGS states remarkable information about the universe, galaxies, stars, planets and the moon....none of the information written in the scripture contradicts with the scientific facts. Furthermore, nothing in Guru Granth Sahib can be disproved with the help of science. However, scientific facts support the teachings of Guru Granth Sahib....we dont believe in bed time stories of evulation of earth etc....regarding your question about salvation: NO, according to sikhi one can achieve salvation by following any religion coz Raam, Raheem are names of one God thats why unlike others Sikhs never push other ppl towards conversion (I can give u sm examples)..I wonder you read SGGS (as you stated in one of your threads) and asking that questions( creation,salvation,contradiction or equivalation with other religion)..??

Ramta

- -
- -

jattpunjabi,

If the earth was created then God created the earth and if the earth was evolved then God created the evolution of the earth...iIn addition SGGS states remarkable information about the universe, galaxies, stars, planets and the moon....none of the information written in the scripture contradicts with the scientific facts.

Please provide references. Or are you plainly lying ?
Please tell me one 'remarkable' thing about the Universe
the SGGS talks about...

The SGGS gives no such information.

When were Copernicus, Galileo born ?
SGGS is too recent.

Thanks

- -
- -

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
- -
- -

jattpunjabi,

Please provide references. Or are you plainly lying ?
Please tell me one 'remarkable' thing about the Universe
the SGGS talks about...

The SGGS gives no such information.

When were Copernicus, Galileo born ?
SGGS is too recent.

Thanks

Nicolas Copernicus
(1473-1543)

-

Galileo Galilei

Born: 15 Feb 1564 in Pisa (now in Italy)
Died: 8 Jan 1642 in Arcetri (near Florence) (now in Italy)

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/PictDisplay/Galileo.html

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
BS.....sikhs believe that God created the whole universe.....earth while being in the universe is a creation of God and all the life on earth is a creation of God. It does not matter to a sikh whether earth was created in seven days or it evolved in 4 billion years.. If the earth was created then God created the earth and if the earth was evolved then God created the evolution of the earth...iIn addition SGGS states remarkable information about the universe, galaxies, stars, planets and the moon....none of the information written in the scripture contradicts with the scientific facts. Furthermore, nothing in Guru Granth Sahib can be disproved with the help of science. However, scientific facts support the teachings of Guru Granth Sahib....we dont believe in bed time stories of evulation of earth etc....regarding your question about salvation: NO, according to sikhi one can achieve salvation by following any religion coz Raam, Raheem are names of one God thats why unlike others Sikhs never push other ppl towards conversion (I can give u sm examples)..I wonder you read SGGS (as you stated in one of your threads) and asking that questions( creation,salvation,contradiction or equivalation with other religion)..??

with all my due respect dear, i sense a bit of sarcasm,,,,i m still in a learning mode very much,,,this is a bit of overpowering,,,,hava nice day dear

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
- -
- -

reshmi mutiyar

- -
- -

Bulleshah i got some answers to ur questions, maybe not to all of them but to a few and my answers are pretty radical they have nothing to do with the religion, sikhism or any other religion.

Will the world end? When? Any signs? - The world came to be possibly through Darwin's Theory of Evolution. And i dont think it matters if any religion has a history of creation, Do u not feel blessed to be born in today's world where u have everything that ur ancestors never did. And chances are the world will end, not coz what any religion says, but because all these crazy gases in the sun are gonna make sun expand like mad crazy and its gonna first blow out so big that it will literally burn earth and then shrink to the size of a very small ball and there wont be no sun, SO chances are our galaxy that benefits wont be around. But nothing to worry, this wont happen in another 12 million years, you and us all are fine as for now.

Sikhism began as a religion about 500 yrs ago,why then? Is Sikhism the only route to salvation? - Its not sikhism or christanity thats the way out to salvation, Its what u do, the deeds to do. And my head tells me that who knows if there's a heaven out there or not, Heaven is here in the feet of our moms.
And if u do bad u will get it all back here, And if u do good, you will get ur salvation here before u die. You will enjoy all ur good and bad days here on earth before u die.

Or are all religions equally vaild, if so, does this count even when the teachings of another religion contradict Sikhism? - Being educated and wise, you dont even need religion to tell u if everything/everyone is equal or not. Its pretty much common-sense, isnt it?

If not, then is Sikhism the only path? If so, what happens to people who existed and died before Sikhism? - I have never heard anyone ever saying that sikhism is the only path, i think we believe everyone's just as good. And above all i think humanity is the only path. No religion and nothing is bigger than being humane and doing good.

Is there an urgent need to be a Sikh? If we are not, are we damned? - NO there is not, u really dont have to be one if you dont want to. If you do good, not harm others, love god's people and not fight over religion, I am more than sure you wont be damned.

:w

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
- -
- -

What if Sikhi didn't place emphasis on equality and service?
Would you stop believing in equality?

Sikhs cultivate an awareness and respect for the dignity of life...
Buddhist do it. And they do it without the Ten Guru's.

Womens right's ??
I think the communists are doing better. The don't even believe in God
leave aside Guru's but never kill female feotuses...

And
How do you judge a Guru ?
I do it by looking at his chela's.

What do you think?

Thanks

i don't judge my guru, simply listen and vow, not wise enough to judge any1, let alone guru,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

- -

Ramta

- -
- -

jattpunjabi,

If the earth was created then God created the earth and if the earth was evolved then God created the evolution of the earth...iIn addition SGGS states remarkable information about the universe, galaxies, stars, planets and the moon....none of the information written in the scripture contradicts with the scientific facts.

But the Guru Granth(Pa.1350) says the creation itself is the creator :

O people, O Siblings of Destiny, do not wander deluded by doubt.
The Creation is in the Creator, and the Creator is in the Creation,
totally pervading and permeating all places.

The clay is the same, but the Fashioner has fashioned it in various ways.
There is nothing wrong with the pot of clay - there is nothing wrong with the Potter.

Thanks

- -
- -

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
O people, O Siblings of Destiny, do not wander deluded by doubt.
The Creation is in the Creator, and the Creator is in the Creation,
totally pervading and permeating all places.

loga bharam na bhulahu bhai
khalik khalak khalak meh khalik pur rahio sarab tha, nai,,rahao

The clay is the same, but the Fashioner has fashioned it in various ways.
There is nothing wrong with the pot of clay - there is nothing wrong with the Potter.

mati ek anek bhaant kar saaji sajanharai
na khuch poch maati ke bhande na kuch poch kumbharai