How about this???? (Langar related discussion)

pps309

Prime VIP
Many Gurdwaras over the world server Langar everyday. Langar is very rich in quality and quantity too. Same thing happens at various Nagar Keertans.

My thought is: How about langar only for needy?? These days everyone goes to Gurdwara and on purpose eat langar there. Why not this langar be served to needy.

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
Re: How about this???? (Langar related discussion_

people dont want to feed the needy .....they want to feed their ego ...!!

onlycheema

Banned

no, it shouldn't be tied down more. there is enough to tackle already. Who's going to judge who's needy? instead of tying down more, system needs to be freed down.

pps309

Prime VIP

no, it shouldn't be tied down more. there is enough to tackle already. Who's going to judge who's needy? instead of tying down more, system needs to be freed down.

there is no need to judge....no one is denied or should not be denied to partake langar.
Individuals like you and me should realize that it is for needy so should refrain from it.

Let me correct myself, and write in detail what I meant by my first post.
I have seen people who on purpose goes to Gurdwara, 2 times 7 days a week to have langar. They just don't want to cook at home and Gurdwara is like dollar-store, pay one dollar and enjoy the buffet. This defeat the whole purpose of langar, and it becomes the exploitation of a system. People should realize its essence, avoid exploiting the system, and Sewadars should keep langar simple (daal, roti/chawal). The money saved by doing this could be spent on other hungry people around the world.

baba nidhan singh ji hazur sahib de langar haal vich je koi har roz langar shakan janda hai ta sewadaar ohnu puchde han ki tusi roz kyn aounde ho matlab ohde bare jaankari lainde han...... same edai anandpur sahib hunda hai....... par aapa kise nu langar vicho utha v ne sakde nd jo needy people han oh aap v gurdwara sahib ja sakde han..... bhagat puran singh ji nu kehra koi le ke gya c????? ik aadmi suit wagaira paya howe par ohnu jor di bhuk laggi howe ta oh langar shakan aa jawe ta assi eh thori dekhange ki es bande kol paisa hai te ehnu langar na shakayie