Akhand path???

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
1) hifazat of dasam and adi
janglaan de vich kujj singha nu raat vele raakhi te bithaea janda c .... and the major purpose was to protect the beer of dasam and adi granth ..as they were very rare at that time ..so ik singh hamesha dona granth de tabea betha hifazat karda rehnda hunda c..... and then ultimately to never leave a beer unattended they started reading it turn by turn and then on the completion of the beer ... ardas and other things happen
2.) prerequisite for recruitment
after getting recruited into budha dal .... to become a singh ...or khalsa ...or akali more particularly ... dasam da akhand paath recite karna penda hunda c... just to make sure that your are spiritually mature enough to hold the tittle of akali .. or jathedar
3.) source of income
after khalsa went into jungles ... institutions were under the control of mahants ... so to give themselves some source of income they started doing akhand paths for money ...and it was then the commercialization of akahnd path happend ...wch was ... at the fundamental levels , against the sikh principles
4.) influence of hinduism (hinduizing of sikhism)
khalsa was hiding in the forests under the leadership of nawab kapur singh ... meanwhile sikh institutions went under the control of mahants ...who were genrally from the various backgrounds..... so keeping the .."karma" theory alive...they started suggesting people to do akhand path ...as a thanks ..or favour to the god... jiven hindusim vich hunda...you give something to idol..to get something in return
not proof reading ..anybody has problem with my english..gfys

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
ਤਿਨਿ ਕਰਤੈ ਇਕੁ ਚਲਤੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥
ਅਨਹਦ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਣਾਇਆ ॥
ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਭੂਲੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੁਝਾਇਆ ॥
ਕਾਰਣੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਕਰਦਾ ਆਇਆ ॥੧॥
ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਮੇਰੈ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਧਿਆਨੁ ॥
ਹਉ ਕਬਹੁ ਨ ਛੋਡਉ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਪਿਤਾ ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦੁ ਪੜਣ ਪਠਾਇਆ ॥
ਲੈ ਪਾਟੀ ਪਾਧੇ ਕੈ ਆਇਆ ॥
ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਨਹ ਪੜਉ ਅਚਾਰ ॥
ਮੇਰੀ ਪਟੀਆ ਲਿਖਿ ਦੇਹੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ॥੨॥
ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਪ੍ਰਹਿਲਾਦ ਸਿਉ ਕਹਿਆ ਮਾਇ ॥
ਪਰਵਿਰਤਿ ਨ ਪੜਹੁ ਰਹੀ ਸਮਝਾਇ ॥
ਨਿਰਭਉ ਦਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਮੇਰੈ ਨਾਲਿ ॥
ਜੇ ਹਰਿ ਛੋਡਉ ਤਉ ਕੁਲਿ ਲਾਗੈ ਗਾਲਿ ॥੩॥
ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦਿ ਸਭਿ ਚਾਟੜੇ ਵਿਗਾਰੇ ॥
ਹਮਾਰਾ ਕਹਿਆ ਨ ਸੁਣੈ ਆਪਣੇ ਕਾਰਜ ਸਵਾਰੇ ॥
ਸਭ ਨਗਰੀ ਮਹਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਈ ॥
ਦੁਸਟ ਸਭਾ ਕਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਨ ਵਸਾਈ ॥੪॥
ਸੰਡੈ ਮਰਕੈ ਕੀਈ ਪੂਕਾਰ ॥
ਸਭੇ ਦੈਤ ਰਹੇ ਝਖ ਮਾਰਿ ॥
ਭਗਤ ਜਨਾ ਕੀ ਪਤਿ ਰਾਖੈ ਸੋਈ ॥
ਕੀਤੇ ਕੈ ਕਹਿਐ ਕਿਆ ਹੋਈ ॥੫॥
ਕਿਰਤ ਸੰਜੋਗੀ ਦੈਤਿ ਰਾਜੁ ਚਲਾਇਆ ॥
ਹਰਿ ਨ ਬੂਝੈ ਤਿਨਿ ਆਪਿ ਭੁਲਾਇਆ ॥
ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦ ਸਿਉ ਵਾਦੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ॥
ਅੰਧਾ ਨ ਬੂਝੈ ਕਾਲੁ ਨੇੜੈ ਆਇਆ ॥੬॥
ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦੁ ਕੋਠੇ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਾਖਿਆ ਬਾਰਿ ਦੀਆ ਤਾਲਾ ॥
ਨਿਰਭਉ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਮੂਲਿ ਨ ਡਰਈ ਮੇਰੈ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਗੁਰ ਗੋਪਾਲਾ ॥
ਕੀਤਾ ਹੋਵੈ ਸਰੀਕੀ ਕਰੈ ਅਨਹੋਦਾ ਨਾਉ ਧਰਾਇਆ ॥
ਜੋ ਧੁਰਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਸ ਆਇ ਪਹੁਤਾ ਜਨ ਸਿਉ ਵਾਦੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ॥੭॥
ਪਿਤਾ ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦ ਸਿਉ ਗੁਰਜ ਉਠਾਈ ॥
ਕਹਾਂ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰਾ ਜਗਦੀਸ ਗੁਸਾਈ ॥
ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਅੰਤਿ ਸਖਾਈ ॥
ਜਹ ਦੇਖਾ ਤਹ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਈ ॥੮॥
ਥੰਮ੍ਹ੍ਹੁ ਉਪਾੜਿ ਹਰਿ ਆਪੁ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ॥
ਅਹੰਕਾਰੀ ਦੈਤੁ ਮਾਰਿ ਪਚਾਇਆ ॥
ਭਗਤਾ ਮਨਿ ਆਨੰਦੁ ਵਜੀ ਵਧਾਈ ॥
ਅਪਨੇ ਸੇਵਕ ਕਉ ਦੇ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥੯॥
ਜੰਮਣੁ ਮਰਣਾ ਮੋਹੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥
ਆਵਣੁ ਜਾਣਾ ਕਰਤੈ ਲਿਖਿ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦ ਕੈ ਕਾਰਜਿ ਹਰਿ ਆਪੁ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ॥
ਭਗਤਾ ਕਾ ਬੋਲੁ ਆਗੈ ਆਇਆ ॥੧੦॥
ਦੇਵ ਕੁਲੀ ਲਖਿਮੀ ਕਉ ਕਰਹਿ ਜੈਕਾਰੁ ॥
ਮਾਤਾ ਨਰਸਿੰਘ ਕਾ ਰੂਪੁ ਨਿਵਾਰੁ ॥
ਲਖਿਮੀ ਭਉ ਕਰੈ ਨ ਸਾਕੈ ਜਾਇ ॥
i never make a point ...without artillery support
and i m out of this ....nave thread te milde

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Wikipedia said:
It is said that when Guru Gobind Singh had completed the writing of the Guru Granth Sahib, he had five members of the congregation (Sadh Sangat) read it to him continuously. He stood and listened to the entire Guru Granth Sahib. People brought him water for his bath and for his meals where he stood. This was the first Akhand Path. The second Akhand Path was in Nanded after Guru Gobind Singh sent Banda Singh Bahadar to Punjab. The Akhand Pathees (readers of the Path) were Bhai Gurbaksh Singh, Baba Deep Singh, Bhai Dharam Singh (of Panj Piaray), Bhai Santokh Singh, and Bhai Hari Singh (who used to write the daily diary of Guru Gobind Singh). Before giving the Guruship to the Guru Granth Sahib (then called the Adi Granth) the Guru held this Akhand Path and then proclaimed the Adi Granth as the perpetual Guru of the Sikh.

---------------------------------------------

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
---------------------------------------------
said ... it is said....can you freaking read it...SAID...... things i have stated are in dal khalsa archives ...!!..please provide supporting documents
IF ...IF guru did akahnd paath...or FKNG IF it was so imp ...he must have written down something about it in his own writings....after all he has written more than 1500 pages....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hari singh ...diary person...????? i would sell myself and all my fortune to get that freaking dairy... unfortunately theres nothing like it

Last edited:

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
FKNG IF it was so imp ...he must have written down something about it in his own writings....after all he has written more than 1500 pages....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, then the same can be 'said' about 5 kakkars

tu be clear I' don't favour Akhand Path as I feel its Object worshipping and ritualism, both against the pillars of Sikhi..

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
lol, then the same can be 'said' about 5 kakkars

tu be clear I' don't favour Akhand Path as I feel its Object worshipping and ritualism, both against the pillars of Sikhi..

very ignorant of you ...5 kakkars are mentioned in rehatnamas ...