Mobile Phone MUST to Open Gmail Account

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Mobile Phone MUST to Open Gmail Account

######

Many of you might have noticed this new change in Google’s policy. You must have a mobile phone if you want to open a Gmail account. Because, Google will send a code in a text message, and you will have to verify that code before your account is setup. Some of you may ask – I don’t have a mobile phone, can I sign up? The answer is NO, you cannot directly signup using Google’s signup link. But, you can still open your account if a friend sends you an Invite to open a Gmail account (in that case you won’t require a mobile phone).

Why so? Ok, here is what Google says:
If you’d like to sign up for a Gmail address, you need to have a mobile phone that has text-messaging capabilities.
If you don’t have a phone, you may want to ask a friend if you can use his or her number to receive a code. Also, if you know someone who already has a Gmail address, you can ask them to email an invitation to you.

So, according to Google, to open a Gmail account you will need:
(A) a mobile phone (or a friend who has!), OR,
(B) a friend who already has a Gmail account to send you an invite + Your own previous email account where your friend can send you an email invite for Gmail. Understand the requirements carefully.

For what reasons did Google enforce such a policy? This is their answer:
One of the reasons we’re offering this new way to sign up for Gmail is to help protect our users and combat abuse. Spam and abuse protection are two things we take very seriously, and our users have been very happy with the small amount of spam they’ve received in Gmail. We take many measures to ensure that spammers have a difficult time sending their spam messages, getting these messages delivered, or even obtaining a Gmail address (spammers will often use many different addresses to send spam). Sending invitation codes to mobile phones is one way to address this, as the number of addresses created per phone number can be limited.

So guys, those of you who wish to open a new Gmail account and don’t have a mobile phone, you can put comment here with your email ids, I’ll send you invites.

Google is back to old policies when new Gmail account opening needed an Invite from an existing user. This time they added a costly condition, you must have a mobile phone. It maybe a costly option for those students who don’t possess a mobile phone yet.

Also, some countries aren’t covered under Google’s services of sending text messages. They might need an Invite badly.

jadoh meh try kita just a hour back this message i found.... :wall...az num deneh baadh, they should not give/sell to telemarketers eeeh....kya bharosa
######

prithvi.k

on off on off......
how come... well i come to know that some time it ask..and some time wont... strange google.But ab takh toh mertoh ah pooche janda,whenever i try to make :wall

Stephers

I DON'T HAVE TEXT AVAILABLE...... CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME A GMAIL INVITE???? MY CURRENT IS: THANK YOU VERRRRY MUCH ;x: