Laptop Overheating - Problem !

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
from last few dayz ..my laptop is over-heating , i dun know wat is gng on . The speed of fan automatically boost up at frequent , and it give a too noise when it speeds up dat any1 near sittin me got disturb as how the fan moving !
I dnt know wat the problem is , & this for sure i dun want to give to HP service centre , i dun wanna use the word but i hav to , how cheap service they hav .

any1 hav idea abt it ?

Ravan

*****AKA-JATT*****
HP is running a scam, they update your bois to overheat the product and charge you about 499 to fix the MB, I also got scammed,

I had the same prob. with TX1000

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
HP is running a scam, they update your bois to overheat the product and charge you about 499 to fix the MB, I also got scammed,

I had the same prob. with TX1000

now ur system working fine ?

lol..HP ppl were sayin me dat...first v will do service of it ..it will cost Rs 2000 & if there is prob with FAN ..then it has to be replaced..& it will cost me Rs 10,000 rofl cheap service

desiupload

Jatts Do It!
HP!!! I hate them i baught Hp laptop last year same problem also its battery gone dead just after few months.
I sold it and Baught DELL XPS best! no heating problem no hangs !
Sell your HP and get Dell ;)

umang26

like a star!

m thinking of extendin its gurantee ...they r givin for 2 yrs for rs 6000 .

whats the use..what if u dont experience any problems for the next two years..6000 is alot..there are many locals out there who would fix ur laptop for not more than 1000..these original care centres are a waste..first they take so much time and then a huge amount along with it..just like with mobile phones..
i remember fixing my ipod all by myself with just messing with its firmware..Apple's authorised dealer said its hard disk is damaged and it would cost me 7000 lol..and what did i have to pay to fix it by myself? Nothingg!!

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
whats the use..what if u dont experience any problems for the next two years..6000 is alot..there are many locals out there who would fix ur laptop for not more than 1000..these original care centres are a waste..first they take so much time and then a huge amount along with it..just like with mobile phones..
i remember fixing my ipod all by myself with just messing with its firmware..Apple's authorised dealer said its hard disk is damaged and it would cost me 7000 lol..and what did i have to pay to fix it by myself? Nothingg!!

ya...nehru place is a gud option ...but afraid they would not replace local parts with orig. one..i hav to get it repaired in front of my eyez

bones2098

on your laptop and leave it alone, if the fan keeps going on for no reason, check what services you have running in the background, and stop it. if that solve it you just have too much stuff running in the background.

if not this then you might need to regrease the cpu heatsink. & gpu if you got one.. :)

onlycheema

Banned
Man i had the same problem with HP ..... exact same problem fan sped up and messed up and then it started to shut down windows automatically due to overheating... i frigging tried every method mentioned on internet .... finally i ran windows in optimized mode where it takes less system resources and doesn't heat CPU sink much......finally i took it to their Service center in dubai and got it mended. HP laptops are a pain man......we have 5 laptops in our lobby and they have exact same problem overheating overheating and more overheating.I have since reverted to a acer notebook.

Kiiran

Elite
yep i overheated by brothers laptop once i put it back into the case while it was on!
it got so hot it wouldnt turn on! ... so we had to put a fan on it to cool it down! still it didn't work! eventually it started to work but did have slight fault with the screen!

lol just remember to check your laptop is off before you put it back into the case!

bones2098

well if you comfortable with opening up your laptop...

you need to open it up, find the cpu heatsink (it will be a big copper/aluminium thingy with a fan). most of the time you might just need to clean any dirt thats blocking up the air flow, and that should do the trick.

But some times the silicon grease needs to be changed, you need to remove the heatsink off the cpu, clean the old grease off (just scrape it off with a piece of card, no liquids or tissues!) , and put a tiny pea size of silicon grease on it. put the heat sink back on, and move it around abit to spred the grease and put it all back togeather again.

As with all electroninc's work avoid STATIC electricity!

Also use only silicon for cpu's it will say it on the tube. you can buy it hear for about £2 for 5ml, so don't pay anything over Rs 140.

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
well if you comfortable with opening up your laptop...

you need to open it up, find the cpu heatsink (it will be a big copper/aluminium thingy with a fan). most of the time you might just need to clean any dirt thats blocking up the air flow, and that should do the trick.

But some times the silicon grease needs to be changed, you need to remove the heatsink off the cpu, clean the old grease off (just scrape it off with a piece of card, no liquids or tissues!) , and put a tiny pea size of silicon grease on it. put the heat sink back on, and move it around abit to spred the grease and put it all back togeather again.

As with all electroninc's work avoid STATIC electricity!

Also use only silicon for cpu's it will say it on the tube. you can buy it hear for about £2 for 5ml, so don't pay anything over Rs 140.

thnx ....

did this trick ;) but still there is prob ! I think my processor is old now dats y ....happening this :p

bones2098

just do a clean install & reduces as many services that you don't need.

your laptop shouldn't really be over heating in this weather, what will happen when summer hits lol!

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
just do a clean install & reduces as many services that you don't need.

your laptop shouldn't really be over heating in this weather, what will happen when summer hits lol!

yea...i reduced services....

lol dat wat i was thinkin wat will happen in summer....now when i put me hand under laptop ....after 15 min ...its lik my hand is burning ..:p

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Do you use your laptop as a desktop ( power always plugged in ) ? If so make sure in 'Power Options' you have selected 'balanced' and not high performance.

secondly blow clean the inlet and outlet ports around the Fan.

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
Do you use your laptop as a desktop ( power always plugged in ) ? If so make sure in 'Power Options' you have selected 'balanced' and not high performance.

secondly blow clean the inlet and outlet ports around the Fan.

i use...HP recommended option...earlier i use laptop like desktop......contiouns 12 hrs remain on ...:p ..but now reduced ....

yea i cleaned all parts......and i used thermal paste also !

now the speed and noise is some reduced but not all !