Airtel starts offering free 1GB 4G data via My Airtel App

Android

Prime VIP
Staff member
In order to lure more customers to 4G, Airtel is offering free 1GB of 4G data through My Airtel app. The operator recently slashed the 3G/4G data rates up to 67%. Several telecom operators such as Vodafone and Idea is offering free one time data up to 1GB to use on 4G networks. In this case, the readers of Telecom Talk have reported that they are getting notifications on My Airtel app to claim the free 1GB data. Once clicked the notification and click the button to avail the offer, 1GB free data is getting credited to their account.

airtel1GB-1.png

However, it looks like the already existing 4G customers/those who already enjoy the 4G benefits cannot avail this offer. When the reporter himself tried to claim the offer, it showed an error message saying “Offer already claimed”.

Airtel’s free 1GB of 4G data isn’t a great deal when 4G operator like Jio is offering unlimited free 4G data, calls, video calls, and SMS benefits on its network for 90 days, under Jio Preview offer. However, this is currently restricted to Reliance LYF, Samsung, and HP devices. It is expected that Jio will make the free data offer available to all after its anticipated launch on August 15.

To recap another development of Airtel, the telecom operator has deployed 4G services in Bengaluru in the 1800 MHz spectrum band using FD-LTE technology. With this, Airtel 4G in the IT capital of India will now operate in dual spectrum bands of 2300 MHz and 1800 MHz. This means that the customers in the city can enjoy the better coverage, thus data speed than before.