Ehsaas Channa, a.k.a Ashish Channa is a girl not boy

prithvi.k

on off on off......
little old may be u ppl knows it..just guessing-

ehsaas channa daughter of iqbal channa & kulbir kaur.

Ahsaas Channa is a child actor in India. She used to play the role of Ganga Walia before Priya Bathija took the role in Zee TV's Kasamh Se by Ekta Kapoor. She was a contestant in Zee TV's Ek Se Badhkar Ek. She has acted as a boy in movies such as Aryan, My Friend Ganesha, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna and Vaastu Shastra . She acted in the movie Phoonk.

Ahsaas is famous for her roles in movies such as My Friend Ganesha and Vaastu Shastra. She also acted in the movie Phoonk. She was also in the movie Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna as SRK’s son.

Ahsaas Channa has been making headlines ever since news broke that she is in fact a girl and not a boy. From the time since she was first seen on the big screen in VAASTU SHASTRA (way back in 2004), she has been passed off as a boy. The trend continued with KABHI ALVIDA NAA KEHNA, ARYAN - UNBREAKABLE, MY FRIEND GANESHA and numerous commercials where Ahsaas was seen in a boy's role.

However, there was quite some furor a few months back when it was 'discovered' that producers were not kept in loop about her gender. While widespread debates followed about exploitation of child artists by their own parents as well as certain filmmakers, Ram Gopal Varma (who had in fact produced VAASTU SHASTRA) went ahead and roped her in for his next horror flick PHOONK.

Her father iqbal channa sends notice to director on 2006

MUMBAI: The father of six-year-old child artiste Ahsaas Channa has sent a legal notice to producer-director Karan Johar for taking his daughter to New York for the shooting of Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna without his consent.

Iqbal Channa,a Punjabi film producer who has been living separately from his wife and child for more than a year,had recently filed a petition in a family court in Mumbai to restrain his wife Kulbir Kaur Badesron from taking Ahsaas out of India.

As per petition number D-16/2005,the court had restrained Kulbir from taking the child out of the country "without the court's permission until the hearing and final disposal of the application". However,the order came a day after the child left the country.

Channa told media,"My wife Kulbir has turned my daughter into a money-making machine and she is not paying attention to her studies. I have also sent a notice to Jankidevi School for allowing my daughter to go abroad without informing me. Ahsaas is losing school time because her mother wants to exploit her financially."

Ahsaas became an overnight child star after she played Sushmita Sen's son in the film Vaastu Shastra. Since then,she has done a series of commercials as well.

The girl's mother and Karan Johar were unavailable for comment,but the director's advocate Shyam Keshwani told TOI that it was a matrimonial dispute. "It is a fight between the husband and wife. Neither Karan Johar nor Dharma Productions is responsible for it." said Keshwani. "The dispute is before the matrimonial court and Ahsaas's custody is with the mother."

"The mother and child had left on a flight 12 hours before the family court passed orders on September 30 restraining them from leaving the country," the advocate added.

Shagufta Sarkar,principal of Jankidevi School,said she had received a letter from Ahsaas's father. She said the mother filed a leave application before leaving on the trip,"but we don't grant leave in such cases. As per the rules,if the child is absent for more than a week,the parent has to inform the school and if there is no intimation,the school sends them a letter."

Sarkar warned that if the child remained absent without a genuine reason then her name would be struck from the rolls. Ahsaas would then lose a year in school.

Iqbal Channa and Kulbir Kaur have not yet separated legally but Channa alleged that his wife left him "when I was not doing well financially and she was earning more than me as an actor by doing television serials. It is only this year she has not allowed me to meet my child.

Channa's concern is that his six-year-old daughter Ahsaas has started behaving like a boy in keeping with her screen image and "is being forced to wear only boy's attire”. "My wife goes around telling people that Ahsaas is a boy and makes her speak like a boy to the media. If you take a look at the interviews Ahsaas has given to newspapers and magazines,she has spoken like a boy and this scares me," he said.

In the past,questions have been raised about parents exploiting child artistes for monetary gains,robbing them off a normal childhood and formal schooling in the process.

prithvi.k

on off on off......
haha ha bai.. actually oh thread vich teri post dekh keh hi mehnu ah topic share karanh da maan kita...want to reply there..but i thought leave it & made new topic....jai ho qaswed baba ki lolz

prithvi.k

on off on off......
when u know it 1,2 3 yrs back may be..but when she was first launched in movies tab male version banke hi ayi si..because of her mom,who always said and dress up her like a boy..and thatz why her husband divorce her lol