what is sadhsangat ?

userid114437

I want to knw what is sadhsangat???

Like me doing path and understanding meanings from guru granth sahib is sadhsangat???

Or

It means bunch of peoples sitting in presence of guru granth sahib and doing gurbani vichaar??

Or

It means people sitting any where doing gurbani vichaar???

Or

Any other meaning???

Sadh Sangat is congregation(gathering of people) where only one creator is discussed (creators praises are talked about and creator's name is remembered) A question posed by Guru Nanak himself and answered by himself in this Quotation of SSGS
ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਘਰੁ ੩॥ in ਅੰਗ ੭੨
"ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਕੈਸੀ ਜਾਣੀਅੈ॥ ਜਿਥੈ ੲੇਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਖਾਣੀੲੈ॥"
"What is Sant sangat?" Guru Nanak poses question...and answer himself..."where only one creators name is remembered. Where creators infinite qualities are praised "

in ਗੳੁੜੀ ਰਾਗ the fifth Guru..Guru Arjun Dev ji wrote the benefit of ਸੰਤ ਸੰਗਤ in 7th ਅਸਟਪਦੀ of ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ and numerous quotes from SSGS talk about the benefit of Sadh Sangat.

Sadh Sangat doesn't have to be in the presence of Shri Guru Granth Sahib. It will be more helpful if it is. But doesn't have to be. Let me explain why.
You are travelling on a Bus and start speaking to your fellow passenger..and the conversation of one creator starts...It is a Sangat...you are discussing one creator...
When you are constantly immersed with the true one creator. You keep waheguru always in your thoughts ...everywhere you look..you see the one (ੴ)..when you look at someone..you see that person as "you" If waheguru is inside of you...it is also inside the other person. When you start to treat the other person..like you would treat yourself..You have reached the purpose of your life.
In laymans term..A good person spread goodness around him/her. Where ever he/she travels. A good person (ਦਾਨੀ ਬੰਦਾ ) constantly things about doing good/righteous things. If he/she see someone in need..someone poor..they will help them. A thief (ਚੌਰ..ਮਾੜਾ ਬੰਦਾ ) is constantly occupied with negative/bad thoughts...and his thoughts shape into Karam (paap- a thought of doing something bad and Apraadh--actually putting this thought into action. ) So if the bad person is thinking about stealing...he will steal the movement he gets a chance. A good person will do good the moment he/she gets the chance. Same thing with Sadh Sangat...Person who is emerged with God..will seek sadh sangat...no matter where he/she is. (traveling..working etc)

Few of my Sikh colleagues at work and break/luchtime...discuss about daily hukumnama. This is one form of sadh sangat.