Shiv Sena calls Salman Khan patriotic

chief

Prime VIP

Sena relents after Khan’s apology

Salman Khan’s comment on the 26/11 terrorist attack in Mumbai being hyped because it was an attack on the elite was met with angry protests from the Shiv Sena. Now, when Salman has apologized for the comment that he made to a Pakistani channel, the Sena is relenting and calling Salman and his family ‘patriotic’.

“There is no reason for us to harbour anger against Salman. His family is nationalist and patriotic in true sense,” Sena chief Bal Thackeray wrote in an editorial in party mouthpiece Saamana.

The Sena chief went on to add: “Salman apologised after the furore in the country. He must have realised that the furore was not by the rich but by the common masses.”

In the past too Thackeray has praised Salman’s family for being secular and celebrating Hindu festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi and Janamashtmi with fervour.

Meanwhile, as a fall out from the whole controversy, Salman has apparently decided to quit twitter. His last post reads: “Looks like I mite have to get off twitter. Don't want to but what to do? I think I messed up, so sorry guys, Sorry bolne mein koi sharam nahi.”