Punjabis Are???

I'm not talking about great or not :slap

I just want to know whether a Punjabi is only a punjabi or does it depend on where you're born.

Like a punjabi born in India = Indian
Like a punjabi born in Pakistan = Pakistani

>d

Well an ethnicity like punjabi or bengali is not politically acclaimed thing, so there is no hard and fast rule regarding this. Its not a certificate :wacko

But u can divide, Indian punjabis, and pakistani punjabis. they are also pubjabis and here you ppl are also.

pps309

Prime VIP
I guess he wants to know who is the authentic owner of Punjabis. Whether its India or Pakistan.

This is trivial question, it is like asking someone whether Tamilians are Indian or Lankans.

I guess he wants to know who is the authentic owner of Punjabis. Whether its India or Pakistan.

This is trivial question, it is like asking someone whether Tamilians are Indian or Lankans.

Well its an ethnicity, and it can be found in any part of world, Same like pakhtoon tribes are equally in NWFP province in pakistan and also in big part of afghanistan, same like azeri people in northern iran, and in azarbaizan as well, Ethnicity is not about political borders. There is actually no authentic owner of an ethnicity, none political borders and none religion, its just roots. You may have same roots and culture, pakistani punjabis may have same roots. what is so difficult to understand?

i think that ethniticity is a matter of culture.

presently, i see pakistani panjabis are losing their culture.
in a few decades urdu will have completely taken over panjabi as a language in pakistan.

whereas indian panjabis have maintained their rich cultural heritage.

btw, has anyone seen the film "khamosh pani".

awesome film on this topic!!

the islamization of the pakistani people under the various dictators has led to a declime of what is popularly called "desi culture".
replacing it with something which is more closer to islam.

bones2098

Ha Ha so much hassel! lol

if your roots go back to a pind (aka pindus! lol) in any punjab then your punjabi!

being punjabi is a culture independent of religion.

to cut it short if you LIKE saag then your punjabi, that the prime criterion!! nuff sed.