Poonam Pandey files Rs 100 crore defamation case after abortion report

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_893eee0ac03311e5bf87369b775511f2-1.jpg

Model-actor Poonam Pandey has filed a Rs 100-crore defamation case against a website for falsely reporting that she had undergone an abortion. Known for her bold image, the actor said she had been “deeply hurt” by the malicious report.
On January 19, the Nasha actor wrote on Twitter to say that this was a fake story and she would be taking legal action against the website. Poonam said in a Times of India report, “I was busy shooting when I got to know about this story. I was disturbed and immediately called my manager to find out the truth. I also called the reporter and asked her very politely that what made her write such a report or whether she had any evidence. To my surprise she told me that there is no proof, but got to know about it from somewhere. I am really surprised by this kind of journalism and it hurts me to see people being so irresponsible.”

She later posted the legal notice for the defamation suit on Twitter and also wrote, “I would request media not to blindly copy paste false news running over. Rather cross check and then published with facts.”
She also told the daily, “I have filed a Rs 100 crore defamation case against the media house so that they think 100 times before writing anything like this against any celebrity.”