Kylie gets emotional about her cancer

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2257879058.jpg

In public, she maintained a brave face throughout the darkest days of her battle with cancer.

But Kylie Minogue revealed the private pain that still haunts her as she broke down in tears while talking about her illness on a television show.

Minogue, 42, who recently reached the five-year all clear milestone, had to leave the room in the middle of an interview for the Australian programme Sunday Night.

The usually stoic Minogue told presenter Molly Meldrum how her fight against cancer had affected her.

When Meldrum brought up her "brave" battle with the disease, she corrected him: "You might have seen the bravery. I don't think the public saw... well, I stayed indoors. My family got me through really rotten, dark moments."

She then became tearful as she spoke about a visit to a hospital children's ward. "I was talking to some parents across the other side of a bed and their child was there. I was saying the things that I would normally say in that situation, just making conversation with the child, with the parents, giving them some support as well. And then, they really caught me off guard, they just eyeballed me and said, how are you, and we hope you get through it and it's like..."

She became lost for words as she fought back tears, hiding her face from the cameras before apologising and rushing from the room. After she returned, she explained why describing the encounter had upset her so much. "The greatest part of my job and what I do is the humanity of it, and there's certain moments where that really cuts through.

"I'm always so go, go, go, and the moment I thought about that it stopped me in my tracks."

[/img][/COLOR]