Delhi CWG will be experience of a lifetime: Prince Charle

Lily

B.R
Staff member
New Delhi October 4:

Prince Charles said Sunday that the Delhi Commonwealth Games will be an "experience of a lifetime" as he inaugurated the 19th edition of the international sporting event.

"I send my best wishes (for the Games) which I am sure will be an experience of a lifetime. Madam president and distinguished guests, I declare the 19th Commonwealth Games open," Charles said. After recieving the Queen's baton from India's world wrestling champion Sushil Kumar, Charles said he was very "pleased" to represent her at the "splendid" opening ceremony.

As Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium was bathed in a riot of colours, the prince read out the Queen's message, recalling that the baton had been handed over just a year ago at London's Buckingham Palace and was carried through relay runners through all the countries and territories of the Commonwealth.

"It is particularly fitting that the 2010 Commonwealth Games are being held in India," he said, quoting the Queen. "When countries can compete in sports like this, it serves as an inspiration for all nation to work for peace around the world," he said.