be a ancient khanda behind the statue of Shiva who is depicted here as
Ardhnarishwara. All I know that the said sculpture of the 'Ardhanarishvara',
which dates back to the Chola Period, 10th Century, is showcased at the
Cleveland Museum, Ohio.

@n@@m

unknown but known to all
I really am curious to learn more about our
present day symbol, the 'Khanda'. We need to find out more about it. I came
across this photograph of the Darshani Deori of Taran Taran Sahib. One can see the
Nishan sahib has the kirpan / katar/ chakr pattern and is not the present day 'Khanda'.
The photograph comes from Khushwant Singh's book published in 1953

Then there are some paintings and a woodcut I saw where Guru Gobind Singh
is depicted with a similar Nishan Sahib and not one with the present day 'Khanda'.

-

Thanks

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
Can anyone provide more information on this sculpture which seems to
be a ancient khanda behind the statue of Shiva who is depicted here as
Ardhnarishwara. All I know that the said sculpture of the 'Ardhanarishvara',
which dates back to the Chola Period, 10th Century, is showcased at the
Cleveland Museum, Ohio.

yaar jehri gal puchni hundi direct puchea karo ....lol
1.) sikhism doesnt blv in having or worshipping any symbol
2.) the sign post for sikh army has been changed from time to time
3.) sikhism is more concerned about spiritualism than symbolism , sikhism doesnt blv in drawing a particular symbol on something to bring prosperity or anything

as my supporting evidence i m posting this picture which had symbol for sikhs used years ago

plus here is the picture of iran national flag ...
http://www.iraniangenealogy.com/english/features/iran-flags/images/IR.jpg

nishaan for nihung army camps
http://www.taran3d.com/wp-content/t...ads/2010/09/nishaanmainweb.jpg&w=848&zc=1&a=c
old days

@n@@m

unknown but known to all
rofl meri hi pic mainu hi pa ditti :hassa

i asked why they are using this symbol when you don't believe in god why his symbol :p

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
rofl meri hi pic mainu hi pa ditti :hassa

i asked why they are using this symbol when you don't believe in god why his symbol :p

sorry about using your source sir....may be if next time you are smart enough to make single post, i wouldnt do that

sir ...iran has same symbol ... and unfortunately shivji has no copyright over that symbol ...may be you want to send letter to parliament of iran to change ...then sikhs would consider
and sir j navi id bana k auna c te jeeb nai c kaddni lol :lol2

@n@@m

unknown but known to all
iran is a country that made this symbol on its flag some years ago but that ardhnarishvar sculpture is thousand year old :) better chk it then laugh :hassa

and id is not new don't be confused :tj

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
^^ cant you see sikh khanda has extra chakra but not a cow and some random hot female in front ? :lol2
cmon dude

@n@@m

unknown but known to all
^^ it's lord shiva not a random hot female .

@ topic es naal loka di soch pata lagdi har thaan te kudi disdi aa :lol

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
sorry man ....i m out of it ...he is man with mammary glands ...breast ... i m sorry
meri hi soch gandi aa

@n@@m

unknown but known to all
^^ it's a old sculpture and artist according to his imagination created that :) dnt wanna say more as i know no one will get it.

tomarnidhi

please dont be officious , thats not breasts

as the name depicts Ardhnarishwara means ardh - half nar - woman - ishwar - u know

this is the whole like ying & yang , one without another is incomplete.. this is an amalgamation of Shiva & Shakti(parvati)

I dont know why Khanda Sahib is there frankly

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
^^ yes I know.... I totally understand that concept....but the thread starter did not want to say this.... he was here with some different attitude..... what is he trying to prove by saying khanda is adopted from whatever that book is ??
If he really knew this concept then shouldnt have posted anything like this ....
And show this pic to 100 people .... and see how many would consider them not breasts....
And why he/she doesnt have beard on half face ...??
Plus if shiv shakti already complete themselves as u said regarding shiv and parvati....then whats the purpose of dharma ?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Don't want to start a new topic but why is it Khanda 'Sahib'. If objects are not sacred or worshipped in Sikhi then why Khanda Sahib, Nishan Sahib, Anandpur Sahib ?

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
Same as father saab....not papey oye
You dont worship your father....but still father saab
Nothing religious or spiritual

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
Don't want to start a new topic but why is it Khanda 'Sahib'. If objects are not sacred or worshipped in Sikhi then why Khanda Sahib, Nishan Sahib, Anandpur Sahib ?
sikhs don t worship Khanda sahib and nishan sahib,,,In every Gurudwara Nishna sahib is flag,,so people can know that it is gurudwara,and we don t worship it,,in same way there is flag of every country in their own border or parliment ,,Nishan sahib is flag in sikh army it was symbol of khalsa army

Khanda sahib is weapon,and we don t worship it too..