David Dhawan is back, set to roll out two films

HoneY

MaaPeya Da LaaDLa
Mumbai, April 04: After an eight-month sabbatical, the irrepressible David Dhawan, who churned out hits like "Mujhse Shaadi Karogi" and "Biwi No. 1", is back in the swing of things and will direct two films.

gThe layoff has done me good. I needed the break from direction, yaar! Itfs not as if I was sitting idle at home. I was a judge on a dance show (fNach Baliyef). That I enjoyed thoroughly. I was finalising the scripts for my next two films and spending time with my family,h Dhawan told reporters.

Dhawan is teaming up with Govinda for producer Vashu Bhagnanifs next film. The duo has given successful films like gHero No. 1, gCoolie No.1 and last yearfs hit movie gPartnerh, which also starred the directorfs another favourite actor, Salman Khan.

gThe first would be for my friend Vashu Bhagnani with my dear friend Govinda in the lead. Itfll be an out-and-out David-Govinda dhamaka, the kind that audiences will expect from us,h said Dhawan.

gThis would be my sixth film with Vashu - can you believe it? We still continue to believe in each other! Wefre looking for an interesting title for the film. But my next eHook Ya Crookf written by Rensil DfSilva is a complete departure from everything Ifve done so far.h

In Bhagnanifs untitled film, Dhawan is repeating the Govinda-Lara Dutta pair after Ravi Choprafs gPappu Pass Ho Gayah. The film will also star Riteish Deshmukh.

While the Bhagnani project takes him into familiar territory, Dhawan has decided on a completely new team for gHook Ya Crookh.

gRensil wrote the full script for me immediately after eRang De Basantif. Hefs an amazing writer. His film for me is unbelievable. Ifve decided on John Abraham for the lead. One more major leading man has to be selected. This is a darkish film with violence in it. But nothing that would make the audiences alarmed, eWhatfs wrong with David Dhawan?f

Dhawanfs son Rohit is also ready to turn director this year.

gIn a couple of months, Rohit will be ready with his project. Ifll most probably be producing the film along with a corporate house.h