The man who travels 275 miles every week for a Sunday roast!

SehaJ

Troublemaker
London, May 10 (ANI): One might call it an obsession or a ritual, but a man making a 275-mile round trip every week, just for having his favourite Sunday lunch has to be something more than that.

Every Sunday Tony Law, 74, religiously bids adieu to his wife at 6 a.m. in the morning and comes back at Monday noon.

This has been going on since 25 years and Law has made 650 of such trips till date.

"I know people will think it's wacky, but the pub does a fantastic Sunday lunch," The Sun quoted him, as saying.

This resident of Long Itchington, Warwicks, drives 125 miles to Portsmouth, Hants, and then sails in his motor cruiser to the Isle of Wight. Later he moors up in Cowes 100 yards from the Duke of York, where a table is always reserved for him.

The first time this former market wholesaler visited the pub was 25 years ago.

"I was struck by how friendly it was. For the next 20 years I went about 20 times a year. In the last five years I've retired and I go virtually every weekend. Think Susan likes a bit of peace and quiet," he said.

After his lunch, he moors up on Sunday night in Portsmouth before driving home. Overall, if one may calculate, he's run up nearly 180,000 miles, equal to seven times round the world.

"He's become an old friend," said 62-year-old landlord Barry Cass.