Summer Anthems '09

Hey guys wazzup? I thought I'd spread some light on my underground remix CD, Summer Anthems '09. Feel free to read & leave some feedback.

SOME WORDS ON THE ALBUM BY ME
The 1st remix created on this album was a raw version of Cyclone (DPX-ed Remix). It was just the beat with the vocals & dhol. I thought 'Why not add some more instruments & make it more of an original remix than just a plain one?". So then the dhadh got added and I showed it around to my friends and they went "heads over heels" for this mix. It got really popular really quick and then I thought, "Why not make a whole album that has some unique music?". And so this CD started to come to be. :y

The 2nd remix I made was actually Ice Cream Paint Job (Folk Remix). I changed the order around so the CD felt more balanced. This remix was meant to be a DJ Dips-inspired track. I tried to make it sound like Daru Peeke Nachda Rahu and I think I got pretty close with the EQ-ed dhadh. LOL. But the overall layout of the song is this. A fresh new hip-hop beat with some punjabi instruments & the Ice Cream Paint Job vocals. I hope a lot of people this one cause this is the song the Bay Area is listening to.

After I created the 2nd remix, I wanted to do something REALLY different. Something no one's ever done before. So while I was searching up rap vocals, I somehow came across a reggaeton song called Rah Rah. The lineup of the song had me stunned! 3 beastly Mexican rappers! Holy! So then I began the creation of the Rah Rah (Bhangraton Remix). The beginning of the song was a real challenge to make b/c the dhadh & the vocals @ the 'Rah Rah' phrase would always go off. The dembow beat wasn't fitting either so it took me about 1 day to get it set right. I added a fresh hip-hop loop with the dembox, which made the song sound really unique! But after the dhadh was added, I felt the mix was 'incomplete'. I thought of tumbi and wallah! A masterpiece! This is my personal favourite remix cause it's so catchy! :wink

The 4th remix created was Got My Vans On (510 Remix). At first, I didn't even know there was a song called Got My Vans On. My friend showed it to me and he's like "Dude, you need to do a strictly hip-hop mix on this sh**). So then it was nailed down. This remix was created with 6-7 layers of new hip-hop beats. Yeh... you heard me. 6-7 beats. You can't really tell on your computer speakers but if you listen to this in the car, you'll hear almost EVERY hip-hop beat you've heard in a rap song put together. It's hardcore hip-hop so we called it 510 here. :cool

The last remix was a fun one. It began with a YouTube search. I was looking through some old hip-hop songs and there I found this not-so-popular tune called Whatever U Like. I heard the beat and I was like wow! I need this tune! I found the original background music for the song but from there, I didn't know what to do. How do I make a sick remix that sounds new & unique with a 2007 tune? Punjabi vocals. There you go. I added some punjabi vocals from the song, Nachdi, by Dippa Dosanjh and listened to it. It sounded really dry without some rap. Then I remember how Dorrough Music was really popular down here in the Bay Area so I decided to use his new song, Caramel Sundae, in the mix. I latched it all together and it created a great masterpiece. The thing is, since this song is not-so-popular, the vocal & beat-matching sounds like it was made for each other. My bro got addicted to it and now he's listening to it everyday. Isn't that nice? :kiven Oh and the song is titled Whatever U Like (Dub Remix).

I was quite sure 5 remixes would cut it but then I opened one of my old projects. It was this song from my previous mixtape called Rangla Punjab (Krazy Remix). I remembered how popular it got so I'm like "Let's do a version 2". So this version is pretty much a glossed out version of the one you heard on B.A.D. Unlike the one you heard before, this one has a different beginning & is dual-steroed, meaning you can hear the Krazy beat in both of your steroes. It was pretty easy to make and the end product sounded really nice.

Lastly, the intro, interludes & the outro. Basically, all of these are terminated projects. I could've continued them all but then they would be repetitive. If I had spent another 2 months on all of them, I could've had em done but I don't have enough time, as I am going on vacation. :d

Well, there you have it. It's the lowdown on Summer Anthems '09. Watch this thread: https://www.unp.me/f125/dpx-dj-dholsparx-summer-anthems-09-a-50398/.

Summer Anthems '09 is out exclusively on UNP in the Underground Music section from June 17th, 2009 @ 1pm PTZ.