Story of An Ex-HAL Employee, An Engineer With 4 Well Settled

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
mystory750x500-2.jpg

❝ This is the story of an Old man (around 80 years old) who is an ex-HAL employee and also a part time Engineer in Bengaluru. He has 4 children (2 daughters and 2 sons) who are happily settled in Bengaluru. They are working as Inspectors, Engineers and IT professionals. This 80 year old man (Mr.Ramakutty) is in Bengaluru for the last 60 years, can speak and understand English, Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi and Kannada.

I met him near Chinmaya Hospital, Indira Nagar. He was trying to stop motorists for a drop to the Old Madras Road. I stopped. He sat on my bike holding my shoulder tight (tighter than my wife holds me when I zoom on my bike) He was heading to his rented home in Lingarajpuram where his 70+ year old wife stays.

She has been bedridden for years. I asked the old man why he was on the roads in this freezing weather. He said for a JOB! I was stunned to hear this from a 80 year old man, I asked, “Why?” He said ‘To feed himself and his wife.”

I immediately stopped my bike and asked if he had his lunch. He said NO. I took him to the nearest tea shop, bought him a cup of tea and snacks. I could see some energy building in the old man’s body after having the food and later he quietly said that he eats only once a day to save money. I asked him for his sons/daughters’ phone numbers which he hesitated to give. After 20 minutes I asked him once again before dropping him to ring road, he said ”they will scold me”.

When I asked why they would scold him, he said that his children were “annoyed with me and my wife because I have not build them houses/bought anything till now”.

I was fortunate to meet him I feel. I gave my phone number to him and told him to call me if he needs anything. I’m posting for those great children who think that a house, cars or money is greater than parents!

MY HUMBLE REQUEST to all…Please take care of your parents, one day you will be parents too. ❞