Promised but not delivered

SehaJ

Troublemaker

THE tall claims made by the Postal department officials to repair 350-odd letter boxes in a stipulated time have turned out to be hoax. Though a few of the letter boxes have been repaired, the remaining have been uprooted or removed but not repaired.

However, four months ago Punjab Chief Post Master General PR Kumar had said that by the beginning of October all the letter boxes would either be refurbished or replaced. Following his orders, letter boxes were painted and repaired but some of them depict the way they have been revamped.

In Sarabha Nagar B-block, there is a broken letter box that has been painted recently. Mini Kapoor, a resident of the colony, said, “I had put three letters in the letter box. I did not realise that the box was hollow and the letters came out from the bottom. I had to go all the way to Head Post Office in Bharat Nagar Chowk. I wonder why the Postal department has installed a broken letter box in Sarabha Nagar?” While the Postal department boasts of replacing old cylindrical-shaped red coloured letter boxes with large sized pillar post boxes, the condition of street post boxes is appalling.

Rahul Verma, “In the industrial area, I used to post my routine letters in a letter box. But one day I saw letters scattered on the roadside. Since then I prefer to use courier services.” V K Raizada, Senior Superintendent, Post Offices, Ludhiana, said, “We got old ones repaired and painted recently.” When asked if he got these checked properly, he said, “I will ask the concerned officer again and will get the Sarabha Nagar letter box repaired by tomorrow. I would pull up the concerned person responsible for getting the repairs done.”

kudi_patole_wargi

Ki Zor Gareeba Da
ik war sade naal aida hoya c asi 35 model de bahar letter paun gaye sara letter box hi khula hoya c..udo chote hunde c jine card c vich paye sabh chuk ke ghare lai aaye c :roll