NRIs contribution to India's economy

pps309

Prime VIP
THIS IS AN EXCREPT FOR THOSE DESH BHAKAT WHO THINGS THEY ARE REAL SONS OF SOIL AND SERVING THEIR BHARAT MATA BY NOT MOVING THEIR ASS OUT OF COUNTRY. THOSE WHO POSTS THAT NRIS ARE SLAVES OF FOREIGNERS. THOSE WHO POST WITH EMOTIONS AND WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE. THIS MIGHT BE AN EYE OPENER FOR THEM.
RESTS can ignore it ;)

India’s FDI has witnessed a startling surge. As compared with $16.5 billion over the whole of the 1990s at an annual average of $2.2-3.2 billion, the FDI for 2005-06 was pegged at $5.5 billion. In 2006-07, it touched $11.19 billion and for 2007, by Oct-2007, it was at $15.7 billion and climbing. It is downright stupendous when your current year investment (2007) is as much as the whole investments in the last decade pre-millennium(1990s).
In another seemingly unrelated yet relevant news, Western Union, a global provider of cross-border money-transfer services, proudly opened its 50,000th agent location in India on January 14 this year.
According to the Reserve Bank of India, India is one of the largest receivers of foreign remittances. How much is it anyway? And shall we compare that with the FDI that we are so proud of?
Sure, how does 200% of FDI sound? There is no typo there. The remittances were in the excess of $26.9 billion for 2006-2007. Now contrast $29+ billion with India’s 2006-07 defence budget as the fourth largest military on the planet: $20 billion.
By the time you have collected your jaw from the floor to retort about the urban-rural disparity in the flow, let me tell you that Western Union’s 50,000 agent locations in India span across 5,000 cities, towns and villages. This includes more than 8,500 post offices and more than 14,000 branches of leading banks. That’s clearly not just your major metros?
And it gets even better, $30 billion is more like $90 billion!
“If the World Bank is correct, every dollar remitted contributes 3 dollars to the GDP growth—which means that NRIs are contributing almost $90 billion to the growth of India’s rural economy…”
— Shekhar Kapoor, the noted film maker, who pursues as much of his dreams overseas as in India.
Per above, the NRI funds seem to disseminate better into the rural areas than many a fancied FDI. The common-man -being-left-out card doesn’t hold water either. Yes, the IT boom and the ‘going abroad’ becoming a commonplace has created an economic imbalance. But the same has also led to the vast upwardly mobile bludgeoning middle class that has a better quality of life.

Even UNP must have been getting equal or more hits from abroad then from India :p

Eh thread da post kai lokan nu pssnl mssg karna chahida....Jehrey kehndey c

"je eniyan problam disdiyan ne te isda ilaaj v ithe reh k he ho sakda na ki inanu kos ke ja desh ton bhar jaake ??"

NRI's have contributed immensely to india's economy and here is the proof.

Saini84

Elite
I think this is heights of stupidity just to show that NRI's are doing something for India, whereas you have just put this thread to defend yourself to another thread which was closed without knowing what the above facts are that you have just pasted.
This has nothing to do with NRI's serving India - I am referring to the thread which was closed which was a totally different topic.
This data is totally commercial. It doesn't talk about serving your nation but INVESTMENTS and thats only because India has offered high returns on investments due to easy policy in FDI. Its nothing but NRI's taking advantage of high returns as far as this article is concerned - doesn't go with the emotion you started off the topic.
Ofcourse the investments help indirectly in GDP etc. but it doesn't serve the purpose of what you just stated - serving the country. You could have pasted something else in accordance, there are many NRI's who contributed a lot as far as development is concerned and not investments.

pps309

Prime VIP
Thode desh di sewa ch NRIs da sidda sadda example:
Bohat sariya charitable organizations ne jo ki NRIs kolo paise katte kardiya ne. NRIs pays to them then they work in India.
Few names which I deal personally ASHA, SANKARA and Pingalwara.
Keh de aa v jhooth aa??

Te 22, kalli FDI investment hi koi cheez ni haigi. How about direct remittances????? Jehra loki paisa bhejda aa ghraa nu. Addhiyo jaade punjab di tarakki NRI paise naal hi hoi aa, keh de aa v jhooth aa???
Punjab de addeyo jaade khed mele NRI paise naal ni chalde?? Kehde aa v jhooth aa??

GAL AEN AA, MAIN EH NAHI KEH RAYA KE OTTHE BAITHE ZERO AA, PAR BAHAR BAITHE V BOHAT INFLUENCE KARDE AA ECONOMY TE SOCIAL LIFE NU. JE OH NAHI DINDA KISSE NU TA APNI AKHAA DA ILAAJ KARA LO YA FER DIMAG DA KARA LAYO

BBite the reality dude, slowly u will learn how to digest.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Do you have the stats of the finances that flows out of India. The fees the million++ Indian students have paid to foreign universities Money paid by Indian business houses like TATAs, Malya etc to acquire International brands.
I am pretty sure its more than $30 billion.

And If you don't mind a personal question ? Which NRI paid for your fee and other expenses when you were growing up ?

Saini84

Elite
Exactly, now you are stating some organizations who might have done something for the nation. But when did I question you or challenge on whatever you pasted in this thread is not true? Your random thoughts here getting information from here and there doesn't really reflect anything when it comes to you talking about helping the country. May be you have to hold your chin really high and define serving the nation/motherland?
What you started in the thread is something about investments, remmitance etc is personal gain and not a step towards charity, so when you talk about NRI's contribution to their motherland then state those facts according to the topic.
Someone do need a realty check? Ever heard of Carnegie? And his contribution to the USA? I am giving you a simple example of fellow American who did things for his country. I could have very well put Mother Terresa here, hope you know abt her PPS ... so what did she do for India? Was she Indian? Why did she do that? And what for? Did she have enough money like Carnegie to give away for the development?
You don't have to answer these, I am sure you are good intellect and you know it all and thats all I stated when you utter something against/favor of any nation it should go in accordance with the topic you started not just random thoughts from here and there like you talking abt contribution of NRI's by putting investments data of NRI's in India. This is exactly what that girl Snoopy Amli I think was talking about.

Need a realty check? I can help

Saini84

Elite
Oh and again before you come back here again and say kehde aa vi jhoot aa (lol)think about it. Nobody stated here that NRI's didn't do anything. You cooked up a story with real data you could find but nobody challenged it here, so stop defending yourself.
Oh and brother.....I didn't liked the part where you said ''thode'' desh di sewa......Its self explanatory. Ek paase tusi gaal karde aa NRI contribution di te dujhe paase apne Maa nu hi thodi Maa keh ditta? Having said that, when we call our nation as mother....you don't support your mother living overseas...Maa apne bachya nu bada kardi aa phir bache bahar jaake kende oh sirf teri Maa hai...main paise pej dinda hor ki chaida.......
I felt really bad on the remark you made by saying thode desh di sewa

pps309

Prime VIP
Do you have the stats of the finances that flows out of India. The fees the million++ Indian students have paid to foreign universities Money paid by Indian business houses like TATAs, Malya etc to acquire International brands.
I am pretty sure its more than $30 billion.

And If you don't mind a personal question ? Which NRI paid for your fee and other expenses when you were growing up ?
Lol Dhillon saab tusi v bina soche samjhe likh jaane aa.
Koi na let me correct you here :p
i wil talk with facts.
1) Ik international student di US ch average fees 30,000 to 80,000 per degree hundi aa. Most of the students (minimum 50%) works there after job. 1 year on OPT, and 6 years on H1B. Average annual salary range kardi aa 80,000 (engg) to 200,000 (finance). Oh apni sari parai da kharcha ta pelle saal ch hi kad lainde aa. Baki ta earning hi aa. They do earn some money working part time while studies. I am not counting that.
So don't worry bro, jinne student parai ch paisa kharach krde aa, oss to jaade remittance oh India nu bhejde aa.
2) Thonu sareya nu main aa dasna mangda ke jad koi company dujji company acquire kardi aa they don't pay all money in cash or in-hand. When they say all cash deal, it means the buyer is not paying by giving stocks of their company to investors/directors of newly bought company.
The question arises, who pays? Lets take TATA example. Tata bought jaguar, tata ne minimal amount pay kitta hona, jo ki most prolly less around 7-8% hunda (depends upon your credit ratings). Then global banks like Merryl Lynch and others pay money as loan to businessmen. Hun Tata ne otthe de paise naal otthe hi kamm kar ke otthe da paisa otthe mor dena.

Bhai Sahib Ji, jinniya wadiya figures tusi bana rahe aa reality ch oh odda nahi hai.

Thank you very much

kanjjar

Banned
Oh and again before you come back here again and say kehde aa vi jhoot aa (lol)think about it. Nobody stated here that NRI's didn't do anything. You cooked up a story with real data you could find but nobody challenged it here, so stop defending yourself.
Oh and brother.....I didn't liked the part where you said ''thode'' desh di sewa......Its self explanatory. Ek paase tusi gaal karde aa NRI contribution di te dujhe paase apne Maa nu hi thodi Maa keh ditta? Having said that, when we call our nation as mother....you don't support your mother living overseas...Maa apne bachya nu bada kardi aa phir bache bahar jaake kende oh sirf teri Maa hai...main paise pej dinda hor ki chaida.......
I felt really bad on the remark you made by saying thode desh di sewa
Couldn't agree with you more brother.
I do feel this thread was created because the other one was closed. lol. Although even that thread was going off topic.
It was about uniting Indians but they were replying " i am only proud Punjabi" lololololol
And here in this topic they are defending NRI's . May be if they think little harder it stands for Non Resident Indian (not punjabi)
Gabhru_Top_Da, pps309 I love ya'll like brothers and I am also an NRI and i know what you mean 22ji. It is very frustrating when we hear news like polluted bottled water, politics, corruption etc. But it seems like whenever it comes to India as a nation you always look at the glass being half empty.
Veere try saying i am proud being an Indian. Lets see how many enemies you create.I bet there won't be any.

pps309

Prime VIP
I am proud being a Sikh or a nice human. What is wrong in that? You cannot force your views on me. If you are forcing me to call myself Proud Indian you guys are no less than fanatic.

I myself don't want to treat India as a Godly figure or Motherly figure and do puja of her and singing bhajans in favor of it.
For me it is the people that matter, I would rather care for my family, friends and someone in need of help then shouting slogans of mera bharat mahan.

kanjjar

Banned
Not forcing only sharing just like you were/are.
You started this thread by completely contradicting the title of this thread.You talked about NRI's investing in India. We all know the reason to invest in anything is to make X times more then the investment.The day their investment fails they will get rid of it in a second. It doesn't count as a contribution.
You only mentioned the contributions after saini84 corrected you until then this thread looked like it was created by one person and 2nd person just randomly added stuff to it.

Exactly, now you are stating some organizations who might have done something for the nation. But when did I question you or challenge on whatever you pasted in this thread is not true? Your random thoughts here getting information from here and there doesn't really reflect anything when it comes to you talking about helping the country. May be you have to hold your chin really high and define serving the nation/motherland?
What you started in the thread is something about investments, remmitance etc is personal gain and not a step towards charity, so when you talk about NRI's contribution to their motherland then state those facts according to the topic.
Someone do need a realty check? Ever heard of Carnegie? And his contribution to the USA? I am giving you a simple example of fellow American who did things for his country. I could have very well put Mother Terresa here, hope you know abt her PPS ... so what did she do for India? Was she Indian? Why did she do that? And what for? Did she have enough money like Carnegie to give away for the development?
You don't have to answer these, I am sure you are good intellect and you know it all and thats all I stated when you utter something against/favor of any nation it should go in accordance with the topic you started not just random thoughts from here and there like you talking abt contribution of NRI's by putting investments data of NRI's in India. This is exactly what that girl Snoopy Amli I think was talking about.

If by reality check you mean NRI's have not helped accelerate the pace of development in this country then i would like to see where u got that from?

We all know what snoopy was trying to say. Incase you dont here are the snapshots.

huh ..kaash koi samjh ske jehde religion de thekedar bni bethe ne :|

1 more word against my Coutry and i will shove your head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember it

kyu bhar reh k India di bessti and KHALISTAN((shity thing)) di jai jai krde ne??

I said some things which were really not much offending than those...and i got an infraction. I am not here to change minds but the hypocrisy is there for everyone to see.

Not forcing only sharing just like you were/are.
You started this thread by completely contradicting the title of this thread.You talked about NRI's investing in India. We all know the reason to invest in anything is to make X times more then the investment.The day their investment fails they will get rid of it in a second. It doesn't count as a contribution.
You only mentioned the contributions after saini84 corrected you until then this thread looked like it was created by one person and 2nd person just randomly added stuff to it.

The title is "NRIs contribution to India's economy". Thread ch eh dusan di koshish ho rahi a kina rojgaar jah paisa india nu NRI's bhejdey a jihdey naal taraki hundi a desh di......Jeh Desh ch rojgaar liya key ni Desh di sewa hundi tah Hor Desh di sewa kiven hundi a 22 ji?

Jeh NRI's na hundey tah hajey development 15, 20 saal pichey hi huni c. I am sure you will agree on this. If not then i will provide more facts.

Just so you know the country that gives you the highest return on investment is not INDIA. So your argument that NRI's only invest money in India because they get the highest return does not hold water.

African countries have highest returns on investment in the developing world because of various factors.

Highest return on investment recorded by Africa - Afrik.com : Africa news, Maghreb news - The african daily newspaper

I have a question for you Why dont the NRI's set up their business in those places?

Think about it.