Nirmal Sidhu's Controversial Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so here's the problem:

Notorious Jatt is releasing his new album titled Still Livin' It Up this Summer and on his CD, there's a track called Khanda featuring the vocals of Nirmal Sidhu.

Here's a small portion of the lyrics:

PUNJABI:

"Jhulda saari duniya te singhan da chanda... jhulda saari duniya te singhan da chanda... asall pechaan... asall pechaan punjabi di gall paya khanda".

ENGLISH TRANSLATION"The Singhs' flag is raised all across the world...the real identity of a Punjabi is a Khanda (symbol of Sikhism) around his/her neck".

So here's the bad part...

According to various internet & video sites, people are saying that the song is very offensive because in the song, the Khanda, a symbol of Sikhism, is being materialized. The song is saying that the true identity of a Punjabi is the Khanda he/she wears around his/her neck.

I'm not sure who the side with on this issue. >d

What do you guys think about this?

(You can download the full radio rip here: https://www.unp.me/f108/nirmal-sidhu-khanda-radio-rip-full-48779/)

prinzdude

Faltoo song, no need to give attention.. I deleted it right away after hearing it the first time as "Punjab" is not comprised of only Sikhs who wear "Khanda". Just for the info, sikhs are known for wearing kirpan more than wearing khanda..

Probably he doesn't know.. Punjab is for everyone, not just Sikhs!

Notorius jatt nu jarra akal nai haigi k kidda de songs gaane chahide..

Very bad lyrics composition..

Status
Not open for further replies.