Honeymoon Planning Tips
Honeymoon is the first time a couple goes for a vacation 'officially'. It offers a complete contrast to the wedding environment, where there are loads of people. Honeymoon gives you an exclusive time with your spouse. You get to know about each other's likes and dislikes, habits, preferences and, sometimes, even the bad habits. For arranged marriages, honeymoon becomes all the more important, as it is the first time you are alone with your spouse. Planning a honeymoon gives you the opportunity to make it the perfect mix of romance and ecstasy. Read the tips given below and know how to plan your honeymoon. Honeymoon Planning Tips
- Do not make reservations for your departure on the morning immediately after your wedding. If the reception takes place late at night, you would surely get late to bed. An early morning flight would only add to the tiredness.
- Take special notice of your accommodation. The ambience of your room should be of great concern to you. Make the accommodation as special as the trip is. Even if you think you won't spend much time in your room, you'll be sorry if your accommodation is not special.
- Even if you are going on a honeymoon, you need to set a budget for yourself. Decide on the amount that you would be spending on it. You also need to discuss amongst yourself and plan as to where you need to skimp the money and where you need to spend. This is very important, as it avoids any future money hassles.
- Both the bride and the groom should be a part of the planning. After all, this honeymoon is for both of them. If one person does all the work, the other person might feel that he/she feel left out. On top of that, if things do not work out perfectly, the one who has planned it might feel guilty.
- When you are planning your honeymoon, take a look at the cost saving packages. At times, they are very effective in the way that they are light on your pocket and also allow you to have full enjoyments.
- Honeymoon is for both of you to stay together and know each other better. However, at times you might wish to do things which you used to indulge in or wanted to indulge in when you were not married. Plan to spend some time in individual activities that you would love to do. It would be great fun to share the experiences later.
- Donít shy away from letting people know that you are on a honeymoon. Let the hotels, cruise lines and the restaurants know that you are a honeymoon couple. It might sound strange, but may be given special treatments once the hoteliers know that you are a newlywed couple.
- Take advice from family and friends, but do not depend on them entirely. Do what you wish to do and what makes you happy.
- You can also resort to consulting a travel agent. An agent might turn out to be helpful in planning your honeymoon, at an affordable price.