3.) Gmail Drive software Process:

i) Download Gmail Drive from (takes seconds to download):
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-15944.html

ii) Install the software.

iii) After installing, a drive named Gmail drive will be created in My
Computer (just like C: D: )

iv) Double click on this drive, login to Gmail account. You will get
a space of 2.61 GB . Whatever content you copy to this drive will be
sent to your mail account directly to which you have logged in.

The copy is pretty faaaassssssssttttttttttttt.

HATS OFF 2 Simply Innovative....

GMail Drive

GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual
drive in the Windows Explorer, allowing you to use your Google Gmail
account as a storage medium. It allows you to do basic file
manipulation, such as copy and delete, on files inside the GMail
folder. Because it is a Shell Extension, the interface you work in is
Windows Explorer itself. GMail files are physically stored as e-mails
on your Google Gmail account. The files are stored in mail
attachments, and the filename and file information (such as file size)
is stored in the message subject line.

Here is what you need to know about this software:

* You can drag and drop files into your gmail drive much like any other drive.
* Uploaded files will materialize in your gmail account as individual emails with attachments. You can actually open your account and download these files, which means that you can retrieve your files from any computer even if it does not have Gmail Drive installed.
* You can set up a filter in your Gmail account that could automatically archive all Gmail drive emails so that they do not otherwise clutter your inbox.
* Gmail Drive will periodically check your email account to look for new files that may have arrived in order keep itself current.
* Maximum file size is 10 megs. This is a function of Gmail; if you must have bigger files chop them up into smaller pieces that you can later join together.
* File names have to be 65 characters max.

This program is not designed for storing big files (stick to the USB stick if if you want to save that 700meg movie file), but that’s a limitation of Gmail and hardly the software’s fault. For small(ish) files, however, it is a very good solution.

Keep in mind that because of its reliance on the Gmail system, it is very possible that any change implemented to Gmail might make this software unusable, at least until the next version comes which provides a work-around (this program has apparently been around since 2004, and, according to the list of updates on its website, has been modified twice to work around internal Gmail changes).

I often need to move files from my home computer for use on my work computer (and vice versa), for which I typically use a flash drive; Gmail Drive Shell Extension, however, is viable practical alternative. If you are going to use it I recommend that you simply open a seperate, dedicated Gmail account that you can use exclusivley with the Gmail Drive, and not worry about setting up filters and such in your ‘real’ Gmail account.

prinzdude

Chk the google policy regarding using this software.... They will lock the Gmail account if they found someone using third party softwares to use thier email space...