Forcing the thread to close ?

userid50966

Hello every one
I just have question in my my mind that forcing thread to close is it the right solution every time .
I wann ask you my frnds what u think about it what your suggestion regarding this topic?
Your replies are very helpful for all of the unp users

Regards
Mandeep Singh

No it isnt...

effective moderation is...

There are lots of sensitive topics in the political arena that can be discussed with stricter rules. i.e no personall attacks or straight warnings and effective moderation.

Closing topics is just lazy on the mods part and unfair to those who just joined the site to discuss stuff with people.

Sometimes i wonder why anti-muslim posts are not edited or closed or why there are no warnings given for them?

Just because there are barely any muslim users here does not mean we can trash them all we want.

I AM ALL FOR NOT CLOSING TOPICS UNLESS IT REALLY GETS OUT OF HAND.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
in past we had to close and hide the entire politics/religion section more than once.
Every time it was a unanimous decision as things got real ugly.
rules, warnings, infractions did nothing.

So you can't really blame the mods if they are being overly cautious.

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
I am so sorry to write here,,,

Its really good to discuss about religion & politics, but these topics are very sensitive, & a little mistake can cause big problems. these topics are dangerous fuel, which can invite fire easily...

talking about roots & religion is very important, & its really good be linked & guide others towards our roots... but meanwhile, we should be very careful, that our statement or thread doesn't hurt any other religion or person......

So guys, please think about it, before posting anything,...

userid50966

in past we had to close and hide the entire politics/religion section more than once.
Every time it was a unanimous decision as things got real ugly.
rules, warnings, infractions did nothing.

So you can't really blame the mods if they are being overly cautious.
if u feel that some reply post on threadby certain people are not gud then pls delete those poste by giving supportive reason to delete that post instead of closing whole thread