DPX Review - Moneyspinner - Poetry

Moneyspinner - Poetry
(The Dholsparx Review)
Release Date: March 4th, 2009

Here comes Poetry, kicking off with Meh Kalli Beh Keh Socha Kee by Jaspinder Narula. It's a light, desi track with the Bollywood sad-song flavour and I gotta admit... it's actually a nice track. Great introduction to the CD!

Up next is Vicherian Deh Meleh by singer, Balwinder Matewaria. It's a great folk track that catches attention with original & quality dhol. Great track and the lyrics are solid! :)

Track 3 is Khera Shad by Meet Malkit and Miss Pooja. It's kinda like a repeat version of 'Petrol', but yet it doesn't fail to please. Meet Malkit vocals kill it! (in a good way) It could've had a little more desi flavour but so far... I ain't complaining! :d

Putt Jattan Deh Maardeh Barka is track 4 by Balwinder Matewaria. It's a wonderful folk track that seems to give me the image of Punjab! I dunno why but it just does >d Funtastic song.

Track 5 is the quwalli track, Mubarak Mubarak, by Balwinder Matewaria. I guess you can call it the 'low' of the CD, but it still is a nice track. It's a good paced track to listen to in your car fo sho. Nice song. :)

Up next is track 6, Alreh, by Balwinder Matewaria... again. This is definately one of the best songs on the CD! The classic tune is sick! Love this song! Everything is perfectly timed & layered! Love it!

Track 7 is Moneyspinner Tappe, by Balwinder Matewaria... again. Once again, this is quality stuff, produced by MoneySpinner. A typical desi track with the quality of a hit song. It's a great song that can easily become a club banger. :y

The CD concludes with Desh Panjab Di by Nirmal Sidhu. This is undoubtedly, another one of the biggest tracks of 2009! This is the most unique song I have heard since last summer. I mean... this is what you call Poetry man! Phattey chak style!

Overall, MoneySpinner's Poetry exceeds what I expected from the CD. I mean after Desh Panjab Di, I expected good tracks and I was like :o. These tracks are waaay better than what I expected! A classic that'll go down in Bhangra history!

:da

Dholsparx Meter: 9.5/19