6th Annual Golden Kela Awards

tomarnidhi

Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha have bagged the “worst” actor Golden Kela award for ‘Himmatwala’ and ‘R…Rajkumar’ respectively in the sixth edition of the annual event which celebrates the worst in Hindi Cinema.

This is the second win for both the actors in the same category – Sonakshi and Devgn had won the awards last year for ‘Dabangg’, ‘Rowdy Rathore’and ‘Son of Sardaar’, ‘Bol Bachchan’ respectively.

Worst Director award was won by Sanjay Leela Bhansali for ‘Ram Leela’.

Filmmaker Sajid Khan’s ‘Himmatwala’, the remake of 1983′s hit action-drama of the same name, that tanked at the box office was named the worst film. The reboot also bagged RGV Ki Aag Award for Most Pointless Remake/Sequel.

“‘Himmatwala’, What would be more pointless than remaking a 30 year-old remake,” Anant Singh, Creative Head, Golden Kela Awards, who was also hosting the show said about the movie.

The worst supporting actress award went on to Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandes and Amisha Patel for ‘Race 2′, while Aditya Roy Kapoor won the worst supporting actor title for ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’.

Aamir Khan scored the Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award for his superhit film ‘Dhoom 3′.
“Aamir Khan once said that he loves the Kela Awards, because all other awards are rigged. Wonder what he has to say about us now,” Anant said.

After honouring the worst in cinema, the awards also priased four of the movies from last year which were appreciated for their performance.

Tigmanshu Dhulia’s ‘Saheb Biwi aur Gangster Returns’ won the Anti Kela after being voted the best sequel by the voters.

Other recipients of the Anti-Kela award were ‘Go Goa Gone’, ‘The Lunchbox’ and biopic ‘Shahid’.

Abhishek Sharma, who had himself won the Anti-Kela award for ‘Tere Bin Laden’ in 2012 collected the award on behalf of other recipients.

“So my timing is off. I was supposed to be here three-four years ago and here I am now. I am also working on a project and I hope I to get a Kela award. With the rate with its going I am eyeing the Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award,” he said.

The song ‘Party All Night’ from ‘Boss’, which proved to be quite popular with listeners, was named the Most Irritating Song, while Sameer won the Most Atrocious Lyrics award for ‘Raghupati Raghav’ from ‘Krrish 3′.

Tennis ace Leander Paes, who made his Bollywood debut with ‘Rajdhani Express’ was named the Worst Debutante.

Actor Shahid Kapoor was given Why Are You Still Trying Award for ‘R…Rajkumar’, while Uday Chopra got the Aap Yahaan Aaye Kisliye Award.

Bollywood diva Priyanka Chopra scored ‘The Aakhir Kyun Award’ for her hit music video ‘Exotic’, which features American rapper Pitbull.

The Dara Singh Award for the Worst Accent was given to Deepika Padukone for ‘Chennai Express’.

‘Ra.One’ Award for Worst Premise was shared by ‘Dhoom 3′ and Rakesh Roshan’s ‘Krrish 3′. While Rajshri Award for Most Regressive Film of the Year was won by Anand L Rai’s ‘Raanjhanaa’.

Vivek Oberoi, who played the character of super villain Kaal in ‘Krrish 3′ bagged the This is Too Much Award. Sunny Deol scored Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya Award with his performance in ‘Singh Sahab the Great’.

Winners of the 6th Annual Golden Kela Awards Are:
Worst Actor (Male) – Ajay Devgn for Himmatwala

Worst Actor (Female) – Sonakshi Sinha for R…Rajkumar

Worst Supporting Actor (Male) – Aditya Roy Kapoor for Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani

Worst Supporting Actor (Female) – Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandes and Amisha Patel for Race 2

Worst Director – Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Goliyon Ki Raas Leela…Ram Leela

Worst Film – Himmatwala

Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award – Aamir Khan for Dhoom 3

Most Irritating Song – Party All Night from Boss

Most Atrocious Lyrics – Sameer for Raghupati Raghav from Krrish 3 (This one is subject to change)

RGV Ki Aag Award for the Most Pointless Remake/Sequel – Himmatwala

Why Are You Still Trying Award – Shahid Kapoor for R…Rajkumar

Worst Debut – Leander Paes

Special Awards:
Aakhir Kyun Award – Priyanka Chopra for the music video Exotic

Dara Singh Award for the Worst Accent – Deepika Padukone for Chennai Express

Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya Award – Sunny Deol

Aap Yahaan Aaye Kisliye Award – Uday Chopra

Ra.One Award for Worst Premise – Dhoom 3, Krrish 3

Rajshri Award for Most Regressive Film of the Year – Ranjhanaa

This is Too Much Award – Vivek Oberoi