Yuvraj Singh reveals his muse

Lily

B.R
Staff member
4228709805.jpg

Mumbai: Yuvraj Singh, the Player of the Tournament, and Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the Man of the Final, are totally different in expressing their joy.

Dhoni is a reserved person with total control over his emotions while Singh is just the opposite.

Singh shook hands and thanked everyone for the appreciation while Dhoni sat next to him sipping juice and munching on a biscuit.

So the first obvious question to Singh was about the "special person" who had brought about the transformation in him and for whom he has performed so brilliantly.

Gossip hunger

Quashing everyone's gossip hunger, he said: "I am very sorry to disappoint you all. It is not a girl friend. It is [Sachin] Tendulkar. He spurred me on in pressure situations."

He then went on to reveal that he used to bring up Tendulkar's image in his mind every time he went to play. "He [Tendulkar] always comes to my mind in pressure situations. That helped me perform and has really worked very well for me," he said.

Singh did not elaborate on how Tendulkar had helped him.

Yograj Singh, the former Test player and father of Singh, had revealed that Tendulkar had given a long pep talk to his son when he was terribly out of form.

Singh is delighted with the victory and that the hard work he put in had finally yielded results.

"We lost against South Africa due to mistakes in the closing stage. All of us handled the pressures very well. It is the unity of the team that has got us through," he said.

When asked about the criticisms he had to face during his bad phase, he said: "Criticism is a part of the game. Now we've won, so there will be plenty of accolades. That's the life we live. A hundred one day and the next day a zero. People should understand that."

He also spoke about Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly: "When I started, Sourav [Ganguly] supported me a lot. Even Mahi [Mahendra Singh Dhoni] has supported me a lot."

[/img][/COLOR]