World's Longest DOSA

prithvi.k

on off on off......
######

AHMEDABAD based Restaurant (Sankalp Chain Of Restaurants) – who already holds the Guinness Record for making 30 ft 5 inches long dosa in February 2006, broke their own record by preparing 32.5 ft long Dosa in less than 40 minutes on 19th August 2009.

The Dosa was named after "Quick Gun Murugun", an upcoming movie that highlights the merits of vegetarianism.

A team of 16 chefs and eight helpers practiced for the past 10 days to get the correct length. It required proper coordination among the men for spreading the batter across the hot plate simultaneously," one of the chefs Swami Goda.

Another member of the team, Sajjan Singh, said it was difficult to handle the dosa on a 35-feet-long hot plate (tawa) and to maintain a steady temperature across the length.

Sankalp restaurant first entered the Guinness Book of Records in March 1997 by making a 25-feet-long dosa.

:chew

dosa is delicious,specially masala dosa..hope u ppl have eaten it...... itz much better then junk food like pizza which is no good for health

Is it that why South Indians are so thin?......they save the food money and spend it on grade 12 education.....no wonder kerala...has a 90 percent literacy rates....rofl...

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Pizza isnt junk food. also it isnt bad for health at all.

Mostly all like this fast food is Junk Food!
have a look at the list of ingredients of all our foodstuffs, you will find that about 90% of them have stuff in them that should not be allowed anywhere near the food chain never mind actually in it.

The most conspicious is MSG=E621=monosodium Glutamate, Food companies try to hide this ingredient in most cases by just saying 'flavourings' or E621, although passed by the FDA it is banned in a few countries and has been linked to Alzheimers, but there are others.

These companies are getting so many complaints about MSG that they are starting to use other chemicals instead, have you noticed the falvourings of certain potato crisps has changed recently?
In drinks there is a drive to play on peoples fear of gaining weight to drive them to use 'DIET' version of sodas coke etc, unfortunately they have a neuro toxin called Aspartame (also passed by the FDA) Is this toxic chemical additive cheaper than sugar? or is there another reason?

Then of course there is the sugar replacement products like Splenda, guess what chemical they have in them?

Look up these chemicals up using the links below, I guarantee that how many calories the food has will pale into insignificance, compared to what you find these 'safe' (per FDA) chemical additives can do to you.

MSG info -www.naturodoc.com/library/nutrition/MSG_poisoning.htm
Toxic Aspartame ---> click Aspartame is Poison!
and check this click ---> Ban MSG Now: Stop This Poison In Our Food
And in a research its shows some about 5 teaspoon of MSG, in a whole pizza.

Well Pizza is not so junky unless we make it ourself and control what goes on it & how much we eat....In other words if we make it using whole wheat flour for the crust, good vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc az none of these are unhealthy. If you need oil in the sauce use olive oil sparingly. or if needed very little cheese or else ignore these basi cheese...then itz Ok..now ageh depend on u ,howz does u take it... just said for the good health sahnu ki..khaoo jo khana..itz not my body..atlast u ppl only have to suffer like heart attack and others heart or lungs prob after few years..az we r young now,isleyea pata nahi chal reya when we just come near to age 35/40 tab sareh junk food bahar nikleh ge lolz .. Just ask any Doctor wat they say about these pizza !... agar ah bhi nahi ho sakda then i will say dont eat this junky daily or weekly, monthly 1 or 2 times bass ...same goes to Dosa also.. yeah sab cheeseh daily or weekly base nahi khani chahidi....bake depend on u guys
Good luck.

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Is it that why South Indians are so thin?......they save the food money and spend it on grade 12 education.....no wonder kerala...has a 90 percent literacy rates....rofl...

Dont know may be due to the hot climate there..but wat about sade punjab waha ta badeya mausum hunda tah bhi lok bade patleh jaye ,fatty tah kale hoye jande ah..tidh ineh badeh hunde ki yup !
In 2006 i went to my native place hoshiarpur some 8 yrs gap baad gaya si,to attend my cousin wedding his fiance was frm jalandhar..jadho we reach at jalandhar waha mehnu ajeeb hi lageh sab, i mean ppl looks there so weird koe dekh ki boleh he nahi yeah punjab hai... near by koe coll si waha de students wooow kya style inka kamal ka..patle patle jaye,thin..mostly every guy have a same hair style,bal kat ke tind kite ah and bala nu straight kita like small cactus, damm not a 1% also suits them.. and more funny was they still wears red & yellow color parallel paints, still old mov da govinda's fashion is alive..where they going and wherz their paints fittings r lmao .. this all mostly because ah tede medhe new guys who released punjabi album,innah na ah style felaya ethe hor ki bola hun... check how they looking in these albums, cartoon lol... & bahar bhi they goes there also ppl of that country target them ,latest example is australia..mostly ppl frm punjab targeted by them -- www.unp.me/f46/three-indians-attacked-by-70-locals-in-australia-57138/

Well thank god u have not to said this in any south indian forum or they will give nice reply to this then mine....... az these south wale i think is much smarter then us punjabi<punjab brain lolz>..thatz fact accept it.. Yaad ah "Big Bang Theory" the 27-km long Large Hadron Collider in Swiss-French border,the biggest experiment by humans ever...many indian scientist was involved in it..and mostly all frm south wale only...MRF tyres India's No.1 Tyre Manufacturer... full form Madras Rubber Factory,
then my fav lovely Kingfishers airline-
######
###### ;)
& bringing formula 1 into india----> Vijay Mallya drives Formula One into India and plans to win a billion hearts - Times Online and even they won also recently, whos their owner thatz Mr Vijay mallya frm bangalore,south ! and many more r like this..so itz good only az india da naam hor ucha kerde ah.. great whoever they r :)

And Save money & spend on education..i dont know about this..if yes then wooow great yaar az education always first.... well many world famous personality had done this only..they even skip their food and save that money for education..i salute for like this ppls who ever they r....atleast like in punjab were they spend their money on alcohol & more then half generation do not reach till college/school level unpadh.And some ppls mostly from delhi or south side goes in like this less educated places and teach them... wat was that yojna... slogan ghar ghar meh shiksha felah na hai..something like that....
so jo jaisa hai sab apni jaga theek ah rehndo....insaan de body yeah color pe maat jaho just see thats persons nature thatz the imp....
And i know there r many ppl (including punjabi) who do not like lassi or saag....well lassi ta sadi jaan aah ... az lassi peke prithvi tun lolz