WOMAN SERVED LACED DRINK, SOLD OFF

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Patiala August 28:
In a shocking story coming out of a house in Patiala, police recovered a woman who was sold off while on her way to a relatives place in Tripadi locality here.
In subsequent raids on the house of the accused, cops found two minor children, bound and gagged, on the rooftop. Manjit Kaur, 35, a resident of Thandel village, had boarded a bus for Patiala sometime in July. At the bus stand, she had met Charanjit Kaur, in her 40s, while asking for directions. Charanjit had offered help, claiming she stayed close to the place where Manjit was headed.
"She (Charanjit) took me home and served tea. It must have been laced with an intoxicant, for I fell unconscious immediately afterwards. When I woke up, I found myself at Gurdeep Singh's place. She had sold me for Rs 50,000," Manjit told her husband Harbhajan Singh, with whom she was reunited on Sunday.
"Around 40-42 years of age, Gurdeep stays with his mother and another man at Naiwala village. They kept me in captivity and under constant watch. I was allowed outside the room only when it was time to do the cooking. On a couple of occasions, like when I needed a set of new clothes and had to be taken to a tailor, Gurdeep made me accompany him and introduced me as his wife."
"Last Thursday, it so happened, Gurdeep was out and the other two were busy otherwise. Grabbing the opportunity, I called up home." Harbhajan, who took the call, was both shocked and surprised to hear from her and rushed to inform the cops at Shutrana police station, who got busy locating the place from where the call was made. On Sunday, they raided Naiwala and rescued Manjit.

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)
wot all is goin on?
why is patiala in the news for all the wrong reasons?
mera patiala aidaan da taan nahi hunda si :n