Woman delivers outside Bhiwani hospital

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
2015_9largeimg25_Friday_2015_231823461-1.jpg

A woman reportedly delivered a child outside Chaudhary Bansi Lal Civil Hospital here today.
Her husband, Shaukat Ali, alleged he pleaded with nurses and guards at the entrance to provide him with a stretcher, but they remained unmoved.
In the meantime, the woman identified as Javeda Khatoon (32) fell on the road and started bleeding. Two women accompanying her raised the alarm and sought help from hospital staff.
Since no one from the hospital staff helped Khatoon, the two women handled the delivery on their own. Two nurses were reportedly present at the spot when Khatoon delivered a boy.
When people started raising hue and cry, a stretcher was brought, the newborn was wrapped in a towel and taken inside the labour room.
The staff, on sensing the presence of the media, told Ali to not worry, as her wife had delivered a boy on Eid.
Later, Ali said he had migrated from Assam to Singhi Kaat Mohalla here and did not know the procedure of the district hospital.
“When I reached the hospital with my wife, I asked for a stretcher from guards and nurses sitting at the entrance. My wife was in labour pain at that time. They asked for documents and an argument ensued that continued for 10 minutes. My wife delivered the child in those 10 minutes outside the hospital,” he said.
Hemant Parasar, a local resident, who was present at the spot, told the media the family of a pregnant woman was crying out for help, but nurses and other members of the staff did not move.
Sahab Kaur, nursing in-charge, gynecology ward, said the staff provided the stretcher to the pregnant woman as soon as her husband asked for it.
Chief Medical Officer Ramesh Dhankar said the matter would be investigated and guilty would be brought to justice.