Woman delivers in Dubai airport toilet, kills baby

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Mum kills baby at Dubai airport
Mother gives birth in airport toilet, strangles the baby, dumps its corpse in a bin... then catches flight out

Dubai:Awoman gave birth in a toilet at Dubai airport, then allegedly strangled the newborn, and dumped the corpse in a bin, before catching a flight out of the country, a media report said. Police are now looking for the mother, believed to be an Ethiopian in her thirties, who was identified using close-circuit security camera footage at Dubai International Airport, after the infant’s body was discovered by a cleaner.

The woman allegedly severed the baby boy’s umbilical cord with her bare hands and strangled him with a cloth before dumping him; traces of blood led to the bin where the baby was found, soaked in blood, tied up with his umbilical cord in a tightly wrapped plastic bag, The Khaleej Times reported. “At around 3.35 am I went to the toilet to clean up the blood around a toilet bowl. After that I decided to empty the waste bin which was covered with paper rolls.

“When I lifted it I found it to be a little heavier, so I got curious and started removing the tissue papers. I was stunned to see a baby all blue on the face and gasping for breath,” the airport cleaner was quoted as saying. A security source added: “Most likely the woman wanted to get rid of the baby as it was a child outside wedlock. It seems that the woman had intended to leave the UAE before the delivery but was faced with different reality in the airport.”