Woman Bites Off Boyfriend's Tongue Durin

umang26

like a star!
March 5, 2009.

A British woman deliberately bit off her boyfriend's tongue during a kiss after complaining she wanted a baby and wasn't getting pregnant...

Tracy Davies, 40, bit a third of Mark Coghill's tongue off, Newcastle Crown Court was told.

They were celebrating Mr Coghill's 45th birthday at his Newcastle bedsit in October 2008, when she grew upset because she was not pregnant.

Ms Davies of Sunderland Road, Gateshead, denies one count of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

The court heard how they went to a supermarket on 10 October, buying two bottles of vodka and food for the evening, before going to a pub together.

They returned to Mr Coghill's home but Ms Davies grew upset because she wanted a baby but was not yet pregnant.

As Mr Coghill moved to comfort her, she asked him to kiss her, the court heard.

Julian Smith, prosecuting, said: "He did so and within a few seconds, she bit down hard on his tongue.

"Obviously this caused him pain, he pulled back, and the tongue had come clean off in her mouth.

"She had the piece of tongue in her mouth, he saw her take it from her mouth, and it fell to the floor."

Mr Coghill, a former customer service advisor, told the court he could no longer work, struggled to speak, and had lost many of his taste buds.

"I will never enjoy a curry again," he said. "I can't distinguish between certain foods, like the difference between cheese and toast, and just toast.

"I can't use my tongue for eating. Those are things you take for granted."

'You're joking'

After the attack Ms Davies called an ambulance and paramedics then alerted police.

Mr Smith added: "She told police, 'We have had a domestic. I have bitten his tongue off. Here it is'."

He added that Ms Davies was surprised when police arrested her, telling officers: "You're joking".

Mr Coghill was treated at Newcastle General Hospital, but surgeons decided against trying to re-attach the torn section because of the danger of infection.

The trial continues.