Will go with party choice, says Capt

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
Former Chief Minister of Punjab Capt Amarinder Singh today said he would be comfortable with whoever the party appointed as the state Congress president, but the decision should come quickly. He, however, batted for “the right people to be put in right places”.
“Of course, I will be comfortable with whosoever the party leadership chooses to appoint as the Punjab Congress president in its wisdom. But we need a comprehensive reshuffle in the state unit with the right people put in right places. My point also is that we need to take this decision (on leadership) quickly.
Time is running out. We are pitted against the Akalis who have a lot of money power. We have a real chance of winning Punjab, provided we immediately put our house in order,” said Amarinder Singh, Deputy Leader of the Congress in the Lok Sabha. He was talking to The Tribune on the sidelines of the launch of his book “The Monsoon War: Young Officers Reminisce: 1965 India Pakistan War”.
Amarinder said the party leadership needed to come out with a comprehensive committee for the state unit with clear roles for leaders expected to ensure victory in the 2017 Assembly elections.
“We need a team of leaders, a comprehensive organisational structure, where the right people are given the right roles. That is the only way to fight the Akalis and the Aam Aadmi Party in Punjab. I think we should do this (reshuffle) quickly,” he said. Though invited by Capt for the launch of his book, Congress president Sonia Gandhi did not attend the function.