Why Deepika Padukone flaunts Indian accent in xXx: The Return of Xander Cage

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
deepikapadukonereturnxanderstillfromcage-1.jpg

Deepika Padukone, who is gearing up for her Hollywood debut with Vin Diesel, will launch the first trailer of the film, xXx: The Return of Xander Cage, Sunday night during the Bigg Boss 10 premiere. Deepika’s accent in the teaser videos shared till now have been a point of debate. Clarifying her “natural Indian accent”, the Bollywood actor said it is a “matter of great pride”.

One of Bollywood’s top heroines, Deepika has said the Indian accent, like any other accent, should also make a global impact. “Why not? For years, we have accepted the British and Australian accent, for example. So its high time we accept an Indian accent,” she said.
“I play an Indian girl in the film, and for me its a matter of great pride that I get to be myself. That is one of the aspects that drew me to the script and attracted me to do this film, the fact that for once, I was allowed to be myself is fantastic. I was allowed to flaunt that I am Indian” she added.
Deepika further said that accents “will happen on project-to-project basis or role-to-role basis”.
“Of course such things (accents) matter, but this one particular film and role gave me an opportunity to be proud of who i am and where i come from. Why wont i make most of it?,” she signed off.
xXx: The Return of Xander Cage stars Samuel L Jackson, Tony Jaa, Ruby Rose, Nina Dobrev and Donnie Yen. The film is scheduled to hit theatres in February 2017.