US warned India twice for Mumbai-attack

deepak pace

DJ_DEE
'US warned India 'twice' about sea attack on Mumbai'

Indian Navy admits to fatal "systemic failure"

Washington / Press Trust of India
United States intelligence agencies had warned India "twice" about a potential maritime attack on Mumbai at least a month before audacious terror strikes that has left about 200 people dead and scores injured, media reports said.

"The United States warned the Indian government about a potential maritime attack against Mumbai at least a month before last week's massacre in the country's financial capital," the CNN quoted a US counter-terrorism official as saying.

The Navy admitted on Tuesday that it was a "systemic failure" on the part of the security and intelligence establishment that led to the terror attacks in Mumbai and that lacunae did exist in India's coastal security and intelligence sharing mechanisms.

It maintained that it did not receive any "actionable" input to effectively prevent the tragedy.

Navy chief Admiral Sureesh Mehta told reporters in New Delhi that it was "a systemic failure" on the part of the security and intelligence establishment that led to the terror strike and promised that the government would come up with an adequate response to the issues raised by the dastardly attacks, that claimed over 180 lives and left another 300 wounded.

:thappar:thappar:thappar:thappar:thappar:thappar

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
Re: US warned India twice for Mumbai-att

does any1 trust us ?? i wouldn't as far as i could through my spit- george bush bombed his own twin towers to get at afganistan and iraq--------------i wouldn't be surprised if the us rather than the pakistanis---------big bad booooooooomm in mumbai............. and then seek credit 4 the warnings---------they themselves were warned too for past massacres in their country

deepak pace

DJ_DEE
Re: US warned India twice for Mumbai-att

Yes I totally agree with remote-control..

I did realy thought of the same thing at first place ..as KONVICT said above ..