US Army Accomodates Sikh Recruit!!!!!!
In a grant of accomodation the US army has allowed one of the two sikhs that appealed to serve in the army with his articles of faith intact.
Following is the letter that Captain Kalsi recieved from the US army. This is a big step forward in ending the Army's discrimination against Sikhs.
P.S - I am again requesting if anyone wants to donate any money to any charity. Sikh Coalition should be the first choice because i havent seen any other charity do the work that they are doing for our community.
Their current list of accomplishments include.
1. Taking TSA the american security contractor on for the discriminatory Turban searching policy at American airports.
2. Working closely with many American schools to implement a program that will end discrimination towards sikh students in high schools.
3. Fighting legally for sikhs who were fired from just because they intended to wear their articles of faith on the job. Example Newyork subway driver who refused to take of his turban was granted accomodation. Moreover, another sikh who was refused to be allowed to serve as a prison gaurd just because he had a beard was later allowed to serve when sikh coalition fought for him.
4. Proposing a California bill which would recommend mandatory training to officers about sikh religion so they dont discriminate against sikh citizens just because they are unaware of their religion. However, this was vetoed by Arnold Schwagznagger in its last stage even thought it passed in both assemblies without any votes against it.
5. Getting the US Army to allow the Sikhs to serve with their articles of faith intact.
Joh ehna ney kam kitey a oh tah ajey tak apney india waley v ni kar sakey... Jeh koi v law kard tah apni internship ehthey karey tey jey kisey ney donate karna tah pakhandi babea nu shad key ehthey karo donate.