Two Britons booked for duping job seeker in Punjab

marine

Mann
Amritsar (Punjab), Sep 1 (IANS)
Two men, allegedly based in Britain, have been booked on charges of duping a job applicant here of nearly Rs.1.5 lakh, police said Wednesday.
"A case of cheating has been registered against Mark Sandwill and Daniel Frog. We are trying to ascertain whether the two men were residents of Britain or some other country," a police official said.

Jatinderpal Singh Sohal complained to the police he appeared for a job interview with a British company in 2007. “They selected me and asked me to submit around 740 pounds as visa fees and 1,000 pounds for the work permit. I immediately transferred the amount into the account number given by them,” he said.

“After this, the two disappeared and stopped answering my calls. I then contacted the British High Commission to enquire the credentials of the company. They told me that no such company existed in the UK," Sohal said.

Meanwhile, Punjab police have begun their investigation and are planning to seek the help of Interpol to crack the case.

“We are looking into all aspects of this matter. Police are trying to trace the details of account number given by the accused. We will coordinate with other district police to check if they had received any similar complaint in the past,” said Sanjeev Kumar, the investigation officer of the case in Amritsar, about 250 km from here.

Two Britons booked for duping job seeker in Punjab