Turning wicket would give India the advantage

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2696923356.jpg
Ahmedabad: India must rely on luck and spin if they are to beat Australia in the World Cup quarter-final tomorrow.

Compared to Australia, India's bowling looks weak. They need a turning wicket. The temperature in the city is hovering around 35C with the track kept covered.

The first thing Mahendra Singh Dhoni did yesterday was have a look.

For nearly half-an-hour, Dhoni and Tendulkar were seen in discussion. Dhoni admits he regularly goes to Tendulkar for advice.

"Whenever I run out of ideas I approach him and he always has much to offer. I am lucky to have him in the side," the skipper has said. Though many fans do not fancy India's chances, the bookies have them as favourites. Ladbrokes are offering 3/1, with South Africa second favourites at 10/3. India are 8/13 to beat Australia.

Virender Sehwag, who is nursing a knee injury, batted for a short time in the nets. Harbhajan Singh was seen working hard on his bowling and so were Ravichandran Ashwin and Piyush Chawla. Rumour has it India have asked for a slow turner to negate the Australia pace attack.

With Ashwin having bowled well against the West Indies and knowing Australia's weakness against turn, India may field three spinners.

The importance of the match is weighing so heavily on fans' minds that there was no talk of Tendulkar's 100th century.

[/img][/COLOR]