Threats to dera chief’s life worry state govts

Lily

B.R
Staff member
THREATS TO DERA CHIEF’S LIFE WORRY STATE GOVTS

Chandigarh June 28:
The security of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh has become a concern for both the Haryana government and the Dera management after his gunmen shot dead a Sikh youth in Mumbai.
Police sources say so far they have neutralised at least half a dozen plans by Punjab militants to eliminate him. Haryana DGP Rajiv Dalal received an e-mail, which said that the baba would be “killed in the next few days”. The Haryana government has provided Z-plus security cover for the controversial baba.
The Dera management has procured a bullet-proof vehicle for their chief and decided to cancel his public engagements for a few weeks. Except for his routine daily interaction with his followers at the Dera quarters in Sirsa, the baba would not move out in days to come. The Dera chief’s security has been a matter of concern after he got mired in a controversy last year.
The Punjab police have already busted at least four modules of militants who had planned to target him. According to the police, the militants had planned to cause explosions on an Ambala court premises where the Dera chief used to go for hearing. Similarly, an attempt on his life was made early this year.
Last week the Ludhiana police arrested two militants with explosives which they wanted to use to kill the Dera chief. Meanwhile, two companies of the Rapid Action Force and a company each of the Border Security Force and the Haryana Armed Police have been deployed close to the Dera headquarters. A makeshift police chowki has been set up a few km from the Dera.

notoriusaman

Ek TaRA VaJdA Ve `----0
i dont think person like should b given such a priority
excuse me if n e 1 from u guys is a follower ...
but i ________________ dont like the person