This Delhi hotel shares love and goodwill at a free-for-all buffet every week

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
foodstory647_080316061127-1.jpg

We Indians take charity very seriously indeed. It's not just about religiosity with us, but also about the virtue of humanity. The US and other Western countries have their soup kitchens, and we have our langars, iftar feasts, and free servings of food/bhoj in or outside temples.
Philanthropy is embedded in our culture and upbringing, and we express it with food more often. But did you know that there's a hotel in Delhi which has combined food and charity to share love and goodwill?
A Facebook blogger, Sunali, recently came across this sensational and heart-warming news: The staff at the Royal Plaza Hotel organizes a free-for-all buffet every week, and the food they serve is exactly the same they serve to their high-end customers.

foodmos_080316062041-1.jpg

No, these big-hearted chefs and kitchen staff don't differentiate between the classes. Their food is meant to bring joy to all those who eat it, and that doesn't exclude those who can't afford to eat there regularly.

food1mos_080316062041-1.jpg

The buffet is organized once, and sometimes twice a week, and everyone from auto drivers to office-goers are welcome to the feast! Don't believe us? Here's Sunali's full post:
The More We Share ,
The More We Have !!!
Nice breezy afternoon. The usual hustle -bustle on saddi Dilli ki roads. Car navigating the roundabout at Ashoka road.
Close -by a Majestic hotel. Surrounded by the tall , ancient trees . In the forecourt of the hotel water makes pretty patterns as it gushes out from the fountain.
Am sure you are beginning to tick and ask what is so unusual about this ?
It's just then that my eyes catch many young men and women dressed in the crisp white hotel uniform , some wearing white caps too.
Mr Gagan -A bright young man busy serving food tells me that the hotel serves food once a week to anyone and who wishes lines up here. It's cooked in the kitchen using the same high standard the hotel has for its guests.
And the hotel staff takes pride in serving it to the people on the road . It's free food .
It's just about time and people from all the strata of the society have very orderly lined up to eat the servings.
It's like a buffet laid on the road . As I get closer I see the delicious dal makhni. White chawal shining like pearls and the finger licking halwa too.
Mr Vyas tells me that he regularly comes here to eat this absolutely free of cost buffet served once and sometimes even twice The hotel has been doing this for a few years now.
The autowallahs, guards , office goers , people on the street , everyone has lined up for this special treat.
A man in white kurta pyjama from Bihar comes to me and says that he is here for some rally and that was so happy to see yummy food being served by the hotel .
He found it hard to believe that Dilli main aisa bhi hota hai ?!!
His friend is quick to add Dill hai dillwalon ki !!!
A ragpicker is looking at us as he sinks into the meetha halwa.
Before leaving I quickly look at the people lined up , the friendly hotel staff and then at the hotel ...!!!
My soul was reassured that Goodness, , Kindness and Sharing still exists in the world. It's heartening to know that for some people it's important to fill up their lives with the Blessings of others and not just money.
All of us are aware that Caring is sharing. But in our busy lives do we remember to follow it ?
The hotel is doing its bit
I'm sure We All can do ours by Sharing !!
A little caring and sharing, as the Royal Plaza Hotel shows us all, can go a long way in helping our fellow humans.