Terrorism has no religion: Shah Rukh Khan

chief

Prime VIP
Terrorism has no religion: Shah Rukh Khan

NEW DELHI: "There is no religion of terrorism," said Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan here Sunday evening at a public event a year after the
Mumbai terror attacks.

"Indian civilisation does not distinguish in terms of religion. We are an impossible achievement in the world and I'm very proud to be an Indian," he added, speaking at public event held at the sprawling lawns of the India Gate to show the nation's solidarity against terrorism.

"No one can have two viewpoints about terrorism. There is no religion of terrorism. I am often asked my viewpoint on this, maybe because I am a Muslim and I am very proud to be a Muslim," said Shah Rukh.

"But I have read the Quran, listened to the Gita, acted in Ram Leela... and learnt Christianity besides being a Muslim... My friends and I have worked on a film on Buddha ('Asoka') and my wife is a Punjabi," the super star stressed.

Shah Rukh joined a number of celebrities, eminent personalities from the worlds of arts and literature, and political leaders and school children to mark "A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror" event organised under the aegis of the ministry of home affairs (MHA).

Also present at the event were Home Minister P. Chidambaram, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, lyricist Javed Akhtar, journalist Shekhar Gupta, shooter Abhinav Bindra and tennis player Sania Mirza to name a few.

Singers Shreya Ghosal, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Shankar Mahadevan and violinist Dr. L. Subramaniam also performed at the event.

With a message "Terror has no religion. Our solidarity, courage and resoluteness are the answer to the threat of terror", it was hosted by actress-activist Nandita Das and directed by one-film old Feroz Abbas Khan.

Produced and managed by Wizcraft International Entertainment, the event was held a year after the final day when the siege in Mumbai last year ended (Nov 29, 2008).

It was supported by organisations including ONGC, Airtel, SAIL, State Bank of India, Apollo Tyres, Mahindra, Amity University, Reliance Industries, Reliance ADAG, GAIL, Aircel and Jet Airways.

chief

Prime VIP
SRK, Bindra, Sania come together to express solidarity against terror

PTI

From Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan to Olympic gold medalist Abhinav Bindra, eminent Indians from different walks of life today came forward to express their solidarity against terror.

Saluting India's diverse culture and its uniqueness to absorb all differences, Khan said he was proud to be an Indian because "we are an impossible achievement in the world".

"Indian civilization does not distinguish in terms of religion and it celebrates the uniqueness and absorbs all differences and faiths in its blood. "We are not just an example to ourself but we are an impossible achievement in the world and that is why I am very very proud to be an Indian," Shah Rukh said at the event organised by the ministry of home affairs.

The hour-long event was hosted in the memory of the victims and heroes of November 26 Mumbai attacks and other similar incidents. Sportsman Bindra said that the country is facing a huge challenge to keep the terror at bay.

"We are nearly a bomb away. I understand the sense of disparity but we can't afford it and being a sportsman I believe that life is all about winning," he said. Tennis player Sania Mirza evoked Rabindranath Tagore's famous poem 'Where The Mind is Without Fear' to express her support for the fight against terrorism.
Lyricist and poet Javed Akhtar read a poem 'Jab Kabhi Aatank Ke Nazare Dekhta Hoon' to pay a special tribute to the victims of the terror attacks.

King Khan termed terrorism a religion of devils saying, "While all civilised religions celebrate and respect life this new barbaric terror religion loves only death and unfortunately all human faiths now face a challenge."
Singers Kavita Krishnamurthy, Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal and Shilpa Rao performed Mahatama Gandhi's favourite bhajan Vaishnav Jana, Rahgupati Raghav and Rabindranath Tagore's Ekla Chalo.

Violin maestro L Subramaniam performed 'jugalbandi' with son Ambi Subramaniam and was later joined by wife Kavita. The event was attended by Union home minister P Chidambaram, I&B minister Ambika Soni, Delhi chief minister Shiela Dikshit, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, filmmaker Feroz Abbas Khan and actress Nandita Das.

chardi kala vich rhiye

HaRdCoRe BiOtEcHnOlOgIsT
...........aho g.......................publicity seekerzz ne eh lok ta................

....mauka ni chadd de......................

......kaim aa dear..................thnxxxx