Tendulkar moves into 'dream mansion'

Lily

B.R
Staff member
321103844.jpg
Mumbai: Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and his family moved into a swanky 9,000 square feet-plus bungalow on Perry Cross Road in Bandra (West) in north-west Mumbai Wednesday, the first day of the Navratri festival.

Tendulkar had bought the property for Rs390 million (Dh30 million) from a real estate developer in late 2007 and subsequently carried out major reconstruction work on it. He shifted to his dream mansion along with his family from their 12th floor flat in the La Mer building in the neigbouring Bandra reclamation area.

"Everyone has a dream of owning a house. I, too, had this dream. I am happy that I was able to fulfil it. The flat [in La Mer building] where I earlier used to live, I had received it under the sports quota. I have now vacated that place, so that some other sportsman can live there," Sachin told media persons outside his new mansion.

Tendulkar, who moved into the new residence along with his mother Rajni, wife Anjali and two children Sara and Arjun, said: "I am particularly happy to have brought my mother here."

The bungalow was originally owned by a Parsi family. Built in the 1920s, it was earlier named Dorab Villa and was a single-storey structure. It now has three floors and two underground basement levels.
[/img][/COLOR]