Sushma tweet brings cheer to stuck German

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
A tweet from external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday brought some cheer to injured, broke, stranded German national Holgar Misch (44), who has taken shelter in a Beas gurdwara after being booked for a brawl in Himachal Pardesh in which he broke his ribs.
The minister tweeted that she had sought a report from the Himachal Pradesh government. On Monday, HT had reported his plight. After the minister’s reply on Twitter, the foreign visitor said: “I am happy to see a spontaneous reaction from the Indian government and I hope to see justice and my homeland now.”
He hoped that the Himachal Pradesh government filed authentic reports. “I fear the HP cops and health department might tamper with the evidence, so I request that my side of the story be also heard and then a fair decision is taken,” said Misch. “I have nothing to hide and nothing to fear.”

amritsargurdwaraseptemberseptembergurpre-1.jpg

“I am indebted to Sikhs for giving me food and shelter and thankful to the Indian government that it sought to find out the truth, which is that I acted only in self-defence and I deserve to go home. How long can I stay stranded?”
His earlier tweets to Sushma Swaraj and visits to his embassy had not worked. He tried sharing the HT report with the minister through Twitter using borrowed mobile phones but “somehow couldn’t get through”. At Manikaran, he had a fight with some local boys. Now on bail, he claims police kept his passport, too. He has no money and gurdwaras are the only free shelter he can find.