Student stabbed outside sec-38 school

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Chandigarh March 31:

Campus violence continues to flare in the city, soiling the once peaceful inner sanctums of education. Barely four days after the reported abduction of a Class XII student of Moti Ram Public School in Sector 18, blood splattered on city streets when an 18-year-old was allegedly stabbed outside a Sector-38 school.

Three youths reportedly attacked Dharampal Kumar, a Class X student of Government Model Senior Secondary School-38, after he was leaving his board examination centre - Vivek High School in Sector 38. Accompanied by his classmate Vikram, the victim was reportedly about to sit on the scooter of his friend Pankaj, who had come to pick him, when he was stabbed by the assailants. While Vikram ran for his life, Pankaj looked on in alarm.

The ‘attackers’ were later identified as Rocky, Vicky and Mukesh Kumar of Dadumajra village. The victim is also a resident of the same locality and his kin claimed the miscreants had a criminal background. Though the exact cause behind the incident could not be ascertained, SHO of Sector 39 police station Janak Singh Rana said an old rivalry could have been the reason.

”I had my last exam today and as we were going to leave the place, the three sprang out of nowhere and assaulted me. Vicky was carrying a 10-inch knife and he stabbed me twice,” Dharampal told reporters. He is undergoing treatment at GMH-16. Fearing for their son’s life, Dharampal’s family said the attackers could strike again. “They reside in our colony,” his mother said.

Curiously, March 26 - when Amandeep Singh was reportedly abducted from his school - was the last day of Class XII boards. In Monday’s instance also, Dharampal had taken his last Class X exam. The SHO said it was possible that students wanted to “settle scores” before breaking for holidays.