Sri Adhikari Bros launches music and comedy channel Mastiii

Quick Register
User Name:
Human Verification

Go Back   UNP > Chit-Chat > News

UNP Register


Old 07-Jul-2010
Sri Adhikari Bros launches music and comedy channel Mastiii

Sri Adhikari Bros launches music and comedy channel Mastiii
MUMBAI: Sri Adhikari Brothers Ltd (SAB) today officially launched its music and comedy channel Mastiii.
The channel will play Bollywood music, mixed with comedy acts by comedians like Raju Srivastava, Sunil Pal, Suresh Menon, Shailesh Lodha, and Kiki Sharda.
The 24-hour free-to-air channel will have 75 per cent music and the remaining 25 per cent will be comedy content.

SAB Group vice chairman and MD Markand Adhikari believes the comedy content will allow the channel to stand out in a cluttered market. “We definitely see a huge potential here for our channel. There is space for music channels and we feel that audiences will get bored of only music and promos. So we have added the novelty factor of comedy to the music genre.”

SAB had recently raised funds for launching regional entertainment channels. In December, the company had announced that it would raise up to Rs 1 billion for the purpose.

On the investment in Mastiii channel, Adhikari said, “The business plan for this channel is between Rs 750 million -1 billion.” He, however, refused to share the details.

When asked about when the channel would break even, Adhikari said that right now the focus would on distribution, marketing and content. “We have signed deals with almost all the MSOs (multi-system-operators) for carriage of the channel. We have over 90 per cent presence. As the channel has been launched officially today, we have to see the consumers’ feedback for the content. We have also rolled out our marketing campaign. We are advertising on 15 channels and have booked spots on outdoors in 10 cities,” Adhikari said.

The company is distributing the channel, while Raj Nayak’s Aidem Ventures has taken up the responsibility of managing the channel's ad sales.

The logo of the channel has been designed by the in-house team. The three ‘i’ at the end of Mastiii denotes the musical notes, while the logo has a butterfly with speakers in the place of eyes. It depicts the “masti ka keeda” feel.

The channel will have different comedy shows in one-minute capsule forms, interspersed in-between the songs. The packaging will be done in a way that 4-5 songs will be aired every half hour.

Mastiii will have four music bands. Love Kal, Aaj aur Kal from 6-9 am everyday will have love songs from old classics to latest hits. Mauja Hi Mauja at 9 am to 12 noon and 7-9 pm will have the most popular blockbusters. For retro lovers, the channel will air Rewind it at 1-4 pm and 9 pm till midnight, while 4-6 pm time is allotted for Afternoon Mast Tea, wherein the channel will air peppy songs.

Mastii AVP and head-programming Anita Varma said, “Today Indian television lacks humour content, while we know that music is an element of universal joy and an integral part of our lives. So we have combined both these elements to offer non-stop fun to our viewers.”

On the format of the shows, Varma added, “Breaking away from the half-hour format shows, we have one-minute fillers, gags and jokes by these well know comedians. They have mass appeal and we are confident that viewers are going to enjoy.”

Some of the segments that Mastii channel will have include Raju Ki Adalat, Raju Ban Gaye Netaji, Gajodhar Kahein Kab Tak Sahein, Lo Aagaye Raju Bhaiya, Home Shocking Network, Paaji ki Angrezi, Tedhi Medhi Baatein, Bollywood Retake, Dr KK Raikar, What a Rashee?, Nukkad Ke Sher, Samnewali Khidki, Puzzel Singh, Mastiii ka Kshamachar, Baba Filmanand, Chuna Bhai Kitkit, Mastiii ka Indian I-Dhol, Pak Pak Pakau, Suffer with…, Bollywood Times and an animated property – Chaudhri Mucchad Singh.
Source: Register

Post New Thread  Reply

« US company bribed several Indian firms to bag lucrative cont | Lalit Modi sends notice to BCCI »