Sooraj Pancholi: Now I have a chance to fight it out in court

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
In the wake of the CBI chargesheet filed against Sooraj Pancholi, the actor exclusively spoke to Bombay Times about his next course of action.

Sooraj, who has been charged with abetting the suicide of his girlfriend Jiah Khan, said, "I haven't read the chargesheet yet. I don't know who else has read it, so let's not make any assumptions. Even earlier, I had the section 306 (abetment to suicide) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) charge against me. We could not fight it out before because Jiah's mother accused me of murder and unless section 302 (punishment for murder) of IPC is ruled out, you cannot fight the abetment charges. We had to wait. Since the CBI has ruled out the possibility of murder, it's back to square one. Now I have a chance to fight it out in court.

The actor said he wanted to focus on his career and let justice take its course. He added, "I neither want to play any revenge games nor seek sympathy. I just want to fight the case in court and work for myself and my family. I have been quiet for the past three years and I will do so in the future. I know the truth. I respect Nafisa (Jiah) and don't wish to make any statement about someone who is not there anymore. I have no grudges."