Sonakshi To Do Item Number in Joker

Saini Sa'aB

K00l$@!n!
After Malaika Arora Khan's 'Munni Badnaam Hui' and Katrina Kaif's 'Sheila Ki Jawaani' took audiences by storm this year, newbie Sonakshi Sinha will be seen in an item song in Shirish Kunder's upcoming film 'Joker'.

"We have one item song in the film. Sonakshi and another top actress will be doing the song together. We are yet to finalise the other actress. These days, I believe, item songs are a great marketing tool," Shirish told PTI.

Directed by Shirish, 'Joker' is a fantasy-adventure film made in 3D format in Hindi, and stars Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi, Shreyas Talpade and Minnisha Lamba.

Sonakshi, who debuted playing village belle 'Rajjo' opposite Salman Khan in 'Dabangg', will be seen dancing to the tune of ace choreographer Farah Khan for a raunchy item song. "Farah would choreograph the song... it will be shot in Mumbai," Shirish said.

"Both 'Munni Badnaam' and 'Sheila Ki Jawani' had set the box office on fire. We hope to break the record and do something much better. We intend to take a new approach for item song this time," Shirish said.

Music maestro AR Rahman's nephew, GV Prakash, will compose the music for 'Joker'. This will be his debut in Hindi films, the director said.

Though shooting is yet to start, Shirish is confident about his team for 'Joker'.

"I think I have got the best possible cast and crew. I have put together a fantastic team for my film. I think I have won half the battle.... The other half is execution. Hope I will manage to pull it off," Shirish said.

Though his directorial debut 'Jaan-E-Mann' failed badly at the box office, Shirish is looking forward to the upcoming film.

"I am directing a film after a very long time. 'Jaan-E-Mann' was shot five years back. The wait has to be worth it. I have to do something spectacular," Shirish said.

'Joker' is being jointly produced by Kunder and Farah's Three's Company and Akshay Kumar's Hari Om Entertainment.